2013-2014 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RowdyPkunk, Jul 12, 2013.

1. RowdyPkunk

RowdyPkunk Legend

I know they couldn't change the call...cause there wasn't conclusive evidence to overturn it.... but at the same time It didn't look like a backward lateral pass to begin with.
  2. cvanvol

cvanvol Hall of Famer

Look what this RTD writer thinks about that....http://i.imgur.com/DsxRvi7.jpg

This is why I don't like the RTD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    umwram and RowdyPkunk like this.
  3. Ramcounter

Ramcounter Hall of Famer

The back was behind Vick and he threw it off balance. The thing that always surprises me is how there are no camera angles on the goal line, side line, and line of scrimmage. I don't think anyone know what that play was. Heck, soccer has a camera on the goal line and they can't even look at the jumbotron for help let alone overturn the call.
    RowdyPkunk likes this.
  4. VCUFTW

VCUFTW Hall of Famer

I didn't quite expect this!
  5. RowdyPkunk

RowdyPkunk Legend

LOL wow that guy is dumb. So apparently driving a team down the field in 2 mins or less is a cake walk and is no big deal.
    umwram likes this.
  6. umwram

umwram Legend

[​IMG]

It is that kinda game for the Washington football team.
  7. cvanvol

cvanvol Hall of Famer

Yeah absolute moron. They went 70 yards in like two minutes and Vick threw for 53 of those....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. RowdyPkunk

RowdyPkunk Legend

Hell if thats the case....Tim Tebow might still have a job in the NFL, Brandon Weeden might actuall
    "Oh that's nothing..anyone can do that.... even Tim Tebow, Brandon Weeden, and Mark Sanchez can...oh wait...." Said an UN-intelligent NFL "expert" :?:roll:
  9. WillWeaverRVA

WillWeaverRVA Hall of Famer

When it becomes available on ESPN 950's audio vault, might be a good idea to listen to the Big Al show from this morning. He TORE into Mike Shanahan's strategy from the first moment of it.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 using the wonder of Tapatalk. Pleeze excoose speeling erors.
    RowdyPkunk likes this.
  10. Ram14

Ram14 Hall of Famer

You know what stuck with me watching the game as a difference maker, the kick returner for Washington. At least on 4 occasions he fielded kick offs or punts in either no man's land or the end zone and got caught inside the 12 yard line and once the 3. It put the offense in a deep whole and resulted in points on two occasions. Finally, they moved Moss in that spot in the 2nd half, but this is not a long term solution. Thomas was a deer in the headlights, maybe he will improve.
    Newgate Prison likes this.
  11. Newgate Prison

Newgate Prison Hall of Famer

Actually the hurry-up offense and the formations are based on the same theories as havoc. Kelly makes the team practice under the same conditions as a game....don't stop, noise, no fighting, no substitutions...to be sure his players are prepared for all game situations. Their offense is to put the defense in a place they are not COMFORTABLE with. Chip even employs the former Seals program designer to measure, then design each players' workout routine based on scientific analysis.

Even though the Eagles still have an average team due to their defense, I get to watch one of the most exciting college basketball teams and pro football teams. Both will be high scoring leaders.
    WillWeaverRVA likes this.
  12. Newgate Prison

hard to stay healthy when you decide to be a lead blocker and dive into a pile of defenders...when your HB doesn't even need you. Or goes head first...or instead of throwing the ball away to prevent the sack...he runs out of bounds to get hit and thrown into coaches and players...or....

You can't teach this old dog new tricks...even if they are to save his career. But as long as he is out there and Chip keeps Vick's opportunities to make mistakes low...this offense will give many DCs migraines.

The returner WAS an idiot. Rambo is one frig'n hard hitter. Kerrigan is your best defensive player while Orapko recovers. I love Fletcher, but you have to figure out how to get him off the field when the Eagles are driving. He and the secondary were killing you.

Shannahan had no clue what the offense was going to do, so to blame him for the defense plan early on is not air. Chip built in some fantastic play action fakes off of what he knew the adjustment was going to be. It was a game of chess with the offense getting the first five moves. What slowed down the Eagles was Vick pulling a groin, the large lead and Chip not trusting the backups to hold onto the ball (both had summer fumbles). So, no risk of Vick getting hurt and a worn down Shady had to carry the load to run the clock down when the Skins were eight in the box.

Shannahan used Kerrigan to go after the line where the rookie was playing RT by showing different looks and then bring Kerrigan. Didn't help the rookie that twice the HB didn't pick up the second blitzes either. But good calls and execution.

RGIIIIIIII finally got going and looked fine, but even with some blitzes, they played deep when the rookie 6th round corner had to come in when Fletcher got a concussion from another Eagle. RGIIIII recognized the weakness and capitalized.

Boy can Rambo hit.
  13. umwram

umwram Legend

14. Newgate Prison

99% of knowledgeable football fans don't understand the read option and Chip's new offense. I listened to a clip of college game analysts describing the play calling wrong during Oregon games last year. So, you may have to excuse the writer for not having a clue either.

Vicks decisions were all predicated on numbers in the box and where the safeties are. More times than not, you can't see where everyone on the defense is or whether or not they are considered in the box. Vick obviously made the right calls since there was no luck on any of the first drive plays.

I have Game Pass and can watch the game over and over again. I watched it again and saw no bad decisions on the first drive...until the lateral...and that was Shady's fault first because he was tired and took a wide route, which left him out of position for the throw. These are timing patterns and the RT is not expected to hold his block long. Had Shady got to his right place on time, the throw would have been two to five yards forward and possibly with Kerrigan already past that point.

But that is an issue for Vick, so you saw a lot of cut blocking to open some passing lanes for him. This play just had three things go wrong. Vick was leading Shady and likely the pass would end up slightly ahead of the spot he released it, but it was not conclusive to overturn. With that 14 point reversal, it makes the 33-7 lead that much more impressive...also considering the Eagles new and less than stellar secondary.
  15. cvanvol

cvanvol Hall of Famer

Agree on all counts