BLAINE TAYLOR... DRUNK

Discussion in 'VCU Mens Basketball' started by GoWams, Jan 23, 2013.

1. districtballer

districtballer Legend

I hate Blaine as much as the next VCU fan, but that could explain his unusual behavior as much as anything else.

Rough times. I hope it turns around for him personally. That's tough for anyone.
    Pdalpsher and thegalen like this.
  2. VCU Finance 2008

VCU Finance 2008 Legend

I knew some a$$clown was going to bring up endorsements since I didn't specify NBA contracts. Oh well, at least it was one that I like!
    VCUFTW likes this.
  3. VCU Finance 2008

VCU Finance 2008 Legend

Tough times for sure. He has made some comments about VCU and our players, but not enough to wish any personal struggles on him. I am not going to do it, but it would be nice to see ODU fans rally around him and the team for the rest of the season and figure out the coaching situation after that.
  4. SneadHall

SneadHall Hall of Famer

I hope they actually support Blaine Taylor and it's not just bs like I think it is.
    I support Blaine!
  5. thegalen

thegalen Hall of Famer

Honestly, that seems to be what Wood is doing here and almost like it's a direct response to the Coach's Show fiasco. I respect that, even if their fans can't. I know it's a frustrating spot to be in, but this is some heavy ish and good on Wood for getting BT's back to the degree that he can. I hope he can retire with dignity and in sobriety, but his comment about coaching for another decade struck me as kind of delusional... Maybe at a smaller school, but not at ODU.
    districtballer likes this.
  6. districtballer

districtballer Legend

I agree. I think it would be a great national story if ODU sticks by him and helps him get through this. There would be an interesting parallel between the rehabilitation of a proud program in a bad place and a proud coach in a similarly bad place. ​
    ESPN could even do a feature on it. I know I'd watch. That's compelling television for sure!​
  7. VCU Finance 2008

VCU Finance 2008 Legend

LOL @ rehabilitation. Carry on.
    districtballer likes this.
  8. DCDuck

DCDuck Hall of Famer

ESPN is too busy following John Calipari for their "Kentucky All Access" program.

Up next: Coach Cal buys a gallon of milk at the local Stop-n-Shop, then picks up his dry-cleaning.
    umwram likes this.
  9. duncanlamb

duncanlamb Hall of Famer

Agreed. I don't think his behavior is unusual here. He's attended 7 funerals in the last 3 yearsich which would take its toll on anyone. He obviously cares alot about his players.
  10. VCU Finance 2008

VCU Finance 2008 Legend

Not 3 years, 3 months! I am quite a bit younger then Blaine, but I haven't even attended 7 funerals in my lifetime, so I can't even imagine that.
  11. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford Hall of Famer

Personal tragedies, medications, excuses. A high profile coach who is obviously drunk, in which goes on to record a live radio and video streamed broadcast deserves to be fired. Even if his record was 16-2 rather than 2-16. There is no doubt that he is intoxicated. Anyone who has ever dealt with alcoholism or drunks on any level above casual can see that. This is an embarassment to himself and fodu. The best thing odu could do for him is put him on a medical leave of absence until then end of the season and let him drink himself into oblivion out of the public spotlight. Most people that would show up for work like that would be fired immediately, why is he different. Plus this isnt his first time over indulging and going into public.
  12. Posse COFOUNDER

Posse COFOUNDER New Member

Ahhh.....such fond memories for me from the CAA tourney a few years ago. Until it got confiscated, of course. Guess Blaine wanted to break the news to his friends and family himself instead!

[​IMG]
    Newgate Prison, Pretzel and umwram like this.
  13. Mistachill

Mistachill Legend

He needs to be given the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes we all crash emotionally at the worst possible time. And as a competitor he probably chose to try and fight through it rather than make a phone call and say "hey, I just can't do the show today."

As much as I think the guy is a jerk I'm putting the rivalry aside and looking at this from a human perspective.
  14. xjohnx

xjohnx Moderator Staff Member

Didn't work. Upload it to imgur.com and they'll give you a link to post the photo.
  15. thegalen

thegalen Hall of Famer

Pro-tip: if ur readin' the 60-page "Fire Blaine Taylor" thread over on the ODU boardz, queue this guy up...
    xjohnx likes this.