Next Years Schedule

Discussion in 'VCU Mens Basketball' started by Jeff Dale, Mar 23, 2014.

1. VCU Finance 2008

VCU Finance 2008 Legend

I agree, play them every year and build the remaining OOC schedule around it. We play high, mid, and low RPI teams every year. I like the idea of playing at least a couple of in state teams OOC each season. Just put them into the category in which they belong and build around it. The odu game might not have the sizzle that it did a few years ago, but I still enjoyed that game more than Stony Brook or Wofford for example.
    RowdyPkunk and GRID like this.
  2. GRID

GRID Hall of Famer

I grabbed this from VCU Athletics website -

http://vcuathletics.com/tickets/MBB/MBBSingleGameHome

Thank you for your support of VCU Basketball during the 2013-14 season!

Single game tickets for the 2014-15 VCU Basketball season will go on sale in mid-October. Stay tuned for more information on the upcoming season!

http://vcuathletics.com/tickets/MBB/Final_Payment

Thank you for your support of VCU Basketball during the 2013-14 season!

Season ticket renewals will begin once the 2014-15 schedule has been finalized. The VCU Athletic Department anticipates renewal applications being sent via email in August. The pricing outlined below is from the 2013-14 season, and is posted to serve as a reference point.

2013-14 Ticket Prices:

• Public: $340
    • VCU Faculty/Staff: $320
    • VIP Floor Seating: $600
    • Tommy J. West Club: $600
    • Young Alumni (Graduates of VCU, '09-'13, with RAF membership): $170
    If you need assistance, please contact the VCU Ticket Office at (804) 828-7267 (Mon - Fri 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) or at tickets@vcu.edu.
  3. ShootTheJay

ShootTheJay All-Star

[​IMG]

* = Neutral Site
    Kocajj, RTutton and majidrazvi like this.
  4. VAHills

VAHills All-Star

What's good about this schedule is that as strong as it is, there are only 3 true road games on there. The neutral site game vs. Villanova and home vs. UVA are the marquee games for sure. Villanova will probably be top 10 going in? Certainly top 20? And same for UVA I would imagine, assuming they don't have an early slip on their own schedule. We're looking at a really strong RPI heading into Christmas break. ETSU and Cleveland St should give us some buffer hopefully heading into conference play, and hopefully a chance for guys who haven't had a chance to get too many minutes in the earlier contests some floor time.
  5. RTutton

RTutton Hall of Famer

Tennessee's RPI was in the top 50.
    ShootTheJay likes this.
  6. ShootTheJay

ShootTheJay All-Star

SONOFAAAAAAAAAAAA........

Knew I would miss something. But yes, Tennessee's RPI was 37.
  7. KingT1104

KingT1104 Starter

Regarding Fodu's post season--"No one cares." LOLOLOLOL!!!
  8. RamJamFan

RamJamFan Hall of Famer

OOC RPI opportunities....wow, how far how fast since FF and A10. No vacancy sign is on for doubters, as well as good programs slow to schedule VCU.
    VCU Finance 2008 likes this.
  9. VAHills

VAHills All-Star

Man, the team is going to be chomping at the bit for that Maryland Eastern Shore game. Torey gets a bucket?
  10. IloveRAMp

IloveRAMp Starter

This schedule is just brutal. I think they go 10-3 during this stretch (or 13-0, that could happen too!), which I think would be a tremendous feat. While I think the team will be good enough to beat anyone in the country, it's going to take time for the freshmen and the rest of the team to gel together.

It seems like lately these early season tourneys have not been kind to the Rams. My prediction of 10-3 isn't worth jack $hite, but I think they'll be 3-0 heading to Brooklyn, with 3 losses coming from Villanova, UVA and Cincinnati. I also wouldn't be surprised if they'll drop a random one to someone they shouldn't lose to. I hate UVA with all my being (for my own various reasons), but I think they're poised for a revenge win after Tre's dagger. You know all their fans want that one back more than most any loss last year, BUT that atmosphere at the Stu will be one for the ages, so idk.

It's college basketball, so anything could happen. I try to do this every year for myself so I'm not so angry when they lose. Temper those expectations ahead of time and you won't be so butthurt when a loss happens! This team is gonna be GOOOOOOOD.
  11. nealesk

nealesk Hall of Famer

anyone know if the cinci game is home/away

would be awesome to have Cinci in the building in 2015/16

thanks!
  12. vcugq08

vcugq08 New Member

We lost to Union at least twice while I attended VCU. Yes, I was serious. VA Union used to be one of the best teams in D2 and almost always gave VCU a run for their money in those exhibitions
  13. RowdyPkunk

RowdyPkunk Legend

The Cincy game this year is away.... so we should have them at home next year.... assuming it's a home & home.... not just a schedule filler
  14. RTutton

RTutton Hall of Famer

At Cincy 12/20/14
    Cincy at VCU Nov/Dec 2015
    Riggo82, nealesk and KFull-VCU97 like this.
  15. VRam

VRam Legend

We lost to them twice - way back in the Mack McCarthy days. Since then (six or seven games), we've thumped them badly every time and the games were basically over by the half. We went easy on them and the games still weren't competitive. That contributed to the series dying.