Players Tobi Lawal transferring to Virginia Tech

If either one or both of them contribute in major way to a VCU NCAA or NIT run next year then they are most likely in the portal next spring.
That’s how it is but that doesn’t mean my definition of always a ram changes just because players bail soon as they get hype. If others want to consider anyone who ever steps into our facilities always a ram that’s their business. As far as I’m concerned you better be around here awhile (or transferring in.)unless it’s like a grad transfer. I don’t consider someone that uses us as a stepping stone always a ram.

That’s how it is but that doesn’t mean my definition of always a ram changes just because players bail soon as they get hype. If others want to consider anyone who ever steps into our facilities always a ram that’s their business. As far as I’m concerned you better be around here awhile (or transferring in.)unless it’s like a grad transfer. I don’t consider someone that uses us as a stepping stone always a ram.
Unless you transfer out as grad transfer, you're not always a Ram.

If either one or both of them contribute in major way to a VCU NCAA or NIT run next year then they are most likely in the portal next spring.

Idk about Fats. He’s had a coaching change and now a year of being mostly benched as excuses to leave, and he’s stuck it out. I think he really wants to be in RVA. I hope he sticks with us for the whole time.

Idk about Fats. He’s had a coaching change and now a year of being mostly benched as excuses to leave, and he’s stuck it out. I think he really wants to be in RVA. I hope he sticks with us for the whole time.

If Fats were to leave VCU.... it ain't gonna be because hes gonna be making some ridiculous NIL money after contributing in a major way to our success in the NCAA / NIL.

If he leaves us.... it's gonna be because of lack of playing time or he was recruited over.

As @RamLover said.... between a coaching change, and the lack of playing time... hes got enough reasons to transfer out now, if he truly wanted to.

Then again, if he tried to transfer out now.... his stock is so low at the moment, that his options would be scarce, and certainly wouldn't be ringing in 6 figure NIL offers.

And entering the portal... you risk being stuck in the portal & never getting out & finding a home, or risk having to go down to D2 or JuCo for a year.... which for some players, is prob the best thing.

But its pretty clear Fats wants to be in RVA, between his friends & family at games, and of course we all know why he wears the #5.

Back