Score: VCU 78, Alabama State 62
Recap: In VCU men’s basketball history, Coach Rhoades can say he’s done something that no other Rams coach has done, opened the season on a 6-0 run. Senior Marcus Evans was on fire. Evans tied his VCU career high with 25 points.
- Senior Marcus Evans led all Rams with 25 points. Nah’Shon “Bones” Hyland was next up with 12 points.
- The Hornets turned the ball over 16 times to VCU’s 11
- VCU shot 47% from the field, connecting on 25 of 53 shots
- VCU’s bench outscored Alabama State’s bench, 23-16
- Alabama State grabbed more boards than VCU, 38-33
- The Rams shot 55% from behind the arc. They hit 12 of their 22 three point shots.
- Tonight’s game marked the 140th consecutive sellout at the Siegel Center for the Rams.
Next Game: VCU will travel to Florida to participate in the Emerald Coast Classic on Friday and will play Purdue at 9:30pm. The game will be televised on CBS Sports Network.