Score: VCU 61, Missouri State 51
Recap: It wasn’t the prettiest game or the most exciting but it was another win for VCU as they defeated the Bears of Missouri State. Senior Mike’l Simms led all Rams in scoring with 11 points while fellow senior De’Riante Jenkins was right behind with 10 points. Senior Malik Crowfield was sidelined for tonight’s game with his right arm in a sling. His future status, at this time, is unknown.
- Senior Mike’l Simms led all Rams with 11 points. Senior De’Riante Jenkins had 10 points while grabbiing 6 rebounds.
- The Bears turned the ball over 16 times in the first half, 26 on the night. VCU Turned the ball over 8 times.
- VCU shot 34% from the field, connecting on 19 of 56 shots.
- The Bears only took 4 free throws the entire game. They made all four.
- VCU lost the battle on the boards, getting out rebounded 42-27 on the night.
- The Rams shot 39% from behind the arc. They hit 9 of their 23 three point shots.
- Tonight’s game marked the 142nd consecutive sellout at the Siegel Center for the Rams.
Next Game: VCU travels to South Carolina and will face the College of Charleston on Wednesday, December 18th at 7pm. As of right now, the game is not scheduled to be televised.