Score: VCU 87, Richmond 68
Recap: VCU looked to extend their win streak to 4 as they hosted Richmond Tuesday evening at the Siegel Center. VCU put together a series of runs in both halves to put the game out of reach for the Spiders. Senior Marcus Evans notched his career 2,000th point but it was Freshman Bones Hyland who led all Rams in scoring with 15. Hyland shot 5-7 from the field, going 5-6 from three point land in the win.
- UR turned the ball over 15 times to VCU’s 12.
- Rams had 5 players score in double digits. (Hyland, 15 Jenkins & Santos-Silva, 14, Douglas & Vann, 11,
- VCU shot 49% from the field, connecting on 32 of 65 shots.
- The Rams’ bench outscored UR’s 36-8.
- VCU grabbed 38 rebounds to UR’s 34.
- The Rams shot 48% from behind the arc. They hit 10 of their 21 three point shots.
- Tonight’s game marked the 147th consecutive sellout at the Siegel Center for the Rams.
Next Game: VCU will travel to Rhode Island to play URI on Friday, January 31st at 7pm. The game will be televised on ESPN2/ESPNU.