Score: VCU 75, GW 51
Recap: After losing their last 5 games, the Rams looked to finish in the win column against George Washington University Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, they would have to try to get the win without Senior Marcus Evans, Junior Corey Douglas, Sophomore Vince Williams as well as Senior De’Riante Jenkins who has stepped away from basketball for personal health matters. VCU would surge past the Colonials behind the strength of their youth. Sophomore Keyshawn Curry put on a show ending the night with 13 points. Senior Kel Simms led all rams with 14 points on the afternoon.
- GW turned the ball over 16 times to VCU’s 8.
- Rams had 4 players score in double digits. (Hyland 13, Simms, 14, Ward 10, Curry 13 )
- VCU shot 56% from the field, connecting on 28 of 50 shots.
- The Rams’ bench outscored GW’s 33-15.
- VCU grabbed 30 rebounds to GW’s 27.
- The Rams shot 50% from behind the arc. They hit 8 of their 16 three point shots.
- Tonight’s game marked the 151th consecutive sellout at the Siegel Center for the Rams.
Next Game: VCU will host Duquesne Tuesday, March 3rd at 7pm. The game will be televised on MASN.