Score: VCU 80, DUQ 77
Recap: As VCU hosted Duquesne Tuesday evening, the rams looked to make the seniors last home game at the Stu a memorable one. Unfortunately, it would be a game everyone would rather forget. VCU’s largest lead was 12 with 8 minutes left to go in the game. That’s about when the well ran dry for the rams and Duquesne turned the corner and forced overtime at the Siegel Center, a difficult task. Junior Marcus Santos-Silva led all rams in scoring with 24.
- DUQ turned the ball over 16 times to VCU’s 15.
- Rams had 4 players score in double digits. (Santos-Silva 24, Vann 13, Hyland 13, Simm 10, )
- VCU shot 51% from the field, connecting on 30 of 59 shots.
- DUQ’s bench outscored VCU’s 33-17.
- VCU grabbed 29 rebounds to DUQ’s 40.
- The Rams shot 30% from behind the arc. They hit 6 of their 20 three point shots.
- Tonight’s game marked the 152th consecutive sellout at the Siegel Center for the Rams.
Next Game: VCU will travel to North Carolina to play Davidson Friday, March 6th at 9pm. The game will be televised on ESPN2.