Score: VCU 82, JMU 81
Recap: If nothing else, this year has taught us to be flexible. That goes for VCU’s basketball scheduling, as well. The Rams were suppose to be playing at Louisiana State University but covid had other plans. Instead, after scrambling to find an alternative, the Rams welcomed James Madison University to the Siegel Center Tuesday afternoon. The good news for the Dukes, they would play in front of an almost empty Siegel Center. The bad news, they still had to face a Rams team looking to extend their 4 game win streak. After trailing by 21 at one point, the Dukes clawed back to make it a close one but the Rams got their 5th straight win 82-81.
- VCU turned the ball over 17 times to JMU’s 18.
- Rams had 3 players score in double digits. (Hyland 15, Williams 15, Curry 13)
- VCU shot 45% from the field, connecting on 30 of 66 shots.
- VCUs bench outscored JMU’s 35-27.
- VCU grabbed rebounds to JMU’s 40-38.
- The Rams shot 27% from behind the arc. They hit 6 of their 22 three point shots.
Next Game: VCU will travel to Pennsylvania to play at St. Joe’s, Wednesday December 30th at noon. As of now, the game is scheduled to be televised on ESPN+.
You need an Insider subscription to access the rest of this content.What is Insider? Click here to learn more!
Log In Sign Up