MattRock

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
Mike’L Simms grew up a VCU fan, going to games and dreaming of one day being a Ram. Recalling those moments, Simms says “it was just perfect, I was just imagining myself playing, I used to always come to the games, I was just picturing myself here. Dreams can come true.”
Simms never thought he had a shot at playing for VCU. “It wasn’t realistic for me at all.”
During his freshman and sophomore years at Highland Springs, there was a lot of talent, so Simms had to take a back seat for a while, often earning minutes due to his size, where he was put in the game as a 4 or 5. During his last two seasons with the Springers, he finally got the chance to move to the wing position, where he could show off his shooting capabilities.
He wasn’t getting recruited out of high...
Continue reading...

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
attn. @MattRock (aka Matt Morton)

Dear Matthew,
That was both one of the most well written and moving articles ever to grace this site. Well done, sir. Way to put into print the passion and elocution of young Mr. Simms.

sincerely,
Anybody and Everybody with at least half a brain who frequents this fine website.

As for Young Mr. Simms???? darn dude.....you got a big part of this whole Life/Empathy/Self Awareness/Goal Realization/Work Ethic thing figured out. I look forward to seeing where your Journey takes you as you go forward through Life.

Viva le RamNation!!!!!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
attn. @MattRock (aka Matt Morton)

Dear Matthew,
That was both one of the most well written and moving articles ever to grace this site. Well done, sir. Way to put into print the passion and elocution of young Mr. Simms.

sincerely,
Anybody and Everybody with at least half a brain who frequents this fine website.

As for Young Mr. Simms???? darn dude.....you got a big part of this whole Life/Empathy/Self Awareness/Goal Realization/Work Ethic thing figured out. I look forward to seeing where your Journey takes you as you go forward through Life.

Viva le RamNation!!!!!
As far as I am concerned. He is the team mvp. He closed the entire recruiting class of 2020 so far and bones hyland!