Players 🦴 Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland 🦴

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Love the guy and his game. But he’s gonna have to put some meat on his “bones” before he’s considered a real prospect in the “association” imho.
if he plays himself into the first round talent wise, the NBA training program will take care of the body. There are no limits to what they can do with a “skinny” 20-21 year old as long as he has the frame to support it.....he does.

Who_Dat_Ninja

Top Member
Dec 3, 2016
I love Bones' game just as much as the next guy... but he has some serious holes in his game before he can sniff the nba... one thing is his defense... i know nba doesn't play defense anyway, but he plays way too flat footed on defense which allows him to get beat to easily. His heels constantly are touching the ground, and you need to be on the balls of your feet.

I know MR mentioned how he was just out of shape last year as well... and running point for the rams requires a ton of energy... but he has a few mechanics issues that need to be worked out... but jesus I love his game and glad he's a ram!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
I love Bones' game just as much as the next guy... but he has some serious holes in his game before he can sniff the nba... one thing is his defense... i know nba doesn't play defense anyway, but he plays way too flat footed on defense which allows him to get beat to easily. His heels constantly are touching the ground, and you need to be on the balls of your feet.

I know MR mentioned how he was just out of shape last year as well... and running point for the rams requires a ton of energy... but he has a few mechanics issues that need to be worked out... but jesus I love his game and glad he's a ram!
Some of playing flat-footed is usually being tired (same for fouling). Hopefully really having his legs under him this season will mean an improvement.

Reactions: Who_Dat_Ninja