Players đź¦´ Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland 🦴

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
SLU has a strong candidate for POY in Goodwin. We are without our best player .
They rebound at a high level ..we don’t
We turn the it over like drunken sailors on shore leave.
They were picked to complete for the A10 championship...we were picked 9th
They are lead by a strong senior class...we run with the youngest team in the league.

I like our chances

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
SLU has a strong candidate for POY in Goodwin. We are without our best player .
They rebound at a high level ..we don’t
We turn the it over like drunken sailors on shore leave.
They were picked to complete for the A10 championship...we were picked 9th
They are lead by a strong senior class...we run with the youngest team in the league.

I like our chances

You forgot to list the fact that SLU has Travis Ford as their coach. That's got to be worth 10 points and 3 rebounds in VCU's favor.

Dec 2, 2016
I still don’t understand why you got the player announcing the injury situation. I mean that’s awesome but shouldn’t the coach be saying something? Even just a short video saying hey everyone just a update on Bones and say we’re ready to go Tuesday against SLU. PR 101.
Bones, carried off the court after losing 2 family members and jumping out a 2nd story window 3 years ago: "No major injury I'm so grateful!!!"

@rambunctiousrowdyram: "I mean that's awesome but umm PR 101 anyone?"

Clown :roll:

Jan 15, 2020
Bones, carried off the court after losing 2 family members and jumping out a 2nd story window 3 years ago: "No major injury I'm so grateful!!!"

I could point out again my reasons but I’ve already done that. Coaches should be the ones talking about injuries involving the team if and when they want to release them. No I don’t believe a player should be the one putting up status of injuries especially when the coaches hasn’t given updates. Especially the last few days when the statuses and pictures suggested much worst than the sprain Rhoades was saying. All that did was created unnecessary speculation. I could have said much worst for you trying to make it more than that bringing up his history but I won’t. You are making easy for me to know who to block around here though. So thanks for that.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020
He also overcommits which lets a guy blow past him regularly.
In Curry’s defense he’s not the only one. Bones has improved greatly but he got burned in a few games this year over and over which got our bigs fouls. He cancels that out with his great 3 pt shooting but definitely noticeable that he’s still got that to work on. That’s why I thought he should have a junior year because you have to be good defensively at the next level. Curry’s mistakes are more glaring because he doesn’t put up as much offensively.

Reactions: rammad90

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
He also overcommits which lets a guy blow past him regularly.
In Curry’s defense he’s not the only one. Bones has improved greatly but he got burned in a few games this year over and over which got our bigs fouls. He cancels that out with his great 3 pt shooting but definitely noticeable that he’s still got that to work on. That’s why I thought he should have a junior year because you have to be good defensively at the next level. Curry’s mistakes are more glaring because he doesn’t put up as much offensively.

The Curry and th geam does over commit sometimes. Its the result of pressing too aggressively. The team will get better at it.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
He does, but so do a lot of the other guys at times. I've noticed some guys taking plays off defensively every now and then. I've never seen Curry take a play off.
Curry's D is fine. The issue I have with him is that he is over aggressive on O and he often dribbles into traffic. However, given an opportunity to shine I believe he will be fine.

Also, no one goes to the rack better with more strength and poise than Curry. Jamir is close but Curry is better. Curry is no slouch and just remember let year when many on this board were begging for him to take Jenkins spot?

We will be fine no excuses. Front runners dont complain and injuries are apart of the game.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Why do you want to announce to your opponent any injury status before you have to? You don't think SLU is not reading this stuff?

And FYI, this is NOT a HIPAA issue. Teams announce player statuses all of the time relating to injury. What they can't do is discuss specifics regarding the injury. I'm pretty sure Coach Rhoades was not going to release the status of Bones for the SLU game until the last minute. Now, SLU pretty much has 2-3 days to plan accordingly.

How? From his tweet, we still didn’t even know when Bones planned to play the next game. How the heck does SLU know? SLU will do what every other opposing team would in this situation: make a plan for Bones playing AND for him not playing. Rhoades announced it because fans want to know his status. Many other teams do the exact same thing.

Bones is allowed to tweet anything he wants to about himself. I think he keeps it vague enough. Clearly, we all still talk about specifics and what he might mean. Opposing teams don’t have anymore clarity than we do.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
I do actually. Team issues should be addressed by the coach. That’s how it’s always been here. The times players started talking about team issues we had a bad year and constant drama. Not a coincidence

Dude. Times change. Players are allowed to talk about themselves.The worst reason for anything is “that’s how it’s always been.” It an injury and a kid being nervous and then jubilant to receive good news about himself. It’s only drama on the forums because people are worried about him. It’s ok.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020
Dude. Times change. Players are allowed to talk about themselves.The worst reason for anything is “that’s how it’s always been.” It an injury and a kid being nervous and then jubilant to receive good news about himself. It’s only drama on the forums because people are worried about him. It’s ok.
Let me ask you something if Bones posted the same way but wasn’t averaging POY numbers would you feel the same? Because I remember players posting inner team issues even just last year and the people here collectively said they need to stop putting out team issues. Heck you all even kept bumping one of my threads about it about until a few months ago saying thank goodness this team was different. I understand if players want to share each other love on line but team issues need to stay in house atleast until the program talks about it. Same way Bones made half of RN flip out 5 ish months ago with some vague tweet that seemed to suggest leaving VCU and suddenly there’s comment after comment underneath the tweet of panic. He then comes back a day later to say he was misinterpreted. He knows people hang off his every word. He could literally turn RN against Rhoades in one tweet if he wanted to in my honest opinion.