Players 🦴 Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland 🦴

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Here's the thing... regardless of whether MR officially announced Bones' status for tonight a couple days ago or not, and regardless of whether Bones had posted a picture of his foot in a cast or not... I'm gonna guess SLU was planning on Bones not playing already... or at the very least knew he was not going to be anywhere close to 100% & certainly would not be playing 30+ minutes. And not saying that Bones couldn't still be a difference maker at less than 100%... but I think anyone with half a brain cell prob coulda figured out he was not gonna play tonight against SLU.

And if we did play Bones tonight... so many people would be calling for MR's job, for not looking out for the player's & teams best interest long term.

As far as Bones posting a picture of his foot in a cast with a 😢 emoji or w/e else was next to it.... that can mean anything. It coulda meant something as simple as it's sore/hurts.... it coulda meant he's not playing the next game.... it coulda meant his season is over.... it coulda meant his career is over. Now the last one obviously at this point is a very long stretch... but the other 3 were/are very realistic possibilities.... the problem is everyone wants to react/overreact to it.

Several people immediately started saying it looked like the Briante Weber injury from 2015 against Richmond at the STU... and we all know how that ended.

Sure he posted a picture of him of his foot in a cast (which is well with in his rights)... but he didn't go into any further details.... so lets all stop overreacting to this, send him well wishes & hope for a full recovery.

Jan 15, 2020
Also, it's one thing to post a photo and vague comment about a personal injury. It's a completely different thing to post team drama. They can't be used in the same vain.
We’ve dragged this conversation long enough but all I’m saying is putting a bunch of posts on Twitter and Instagram with vague messages that just leads to extra speculation doesn’t accomplish anything. Same way the vague leaving post just created unnecessary worry months ago. And I can tell you more than a few of the ones giving me a hard time about my view were posting in panic on his tweet back then. Note our final four team that spent way too much time on social media during a losing streak to the point Shaka said something. They got off it and boom winning streak and then went to the final four. It’s cool if they want to do shout outs to their teammates, show off their hobbies, etc. Quite simply though social media usually becomes more of a problem than beneficial especially when you have a big influence. But really that’s enough if this conversation. Some see one view and others see the other view. Some don’t see either side or care. No one is changing anyone’s mind so it’s a mute point. This a discussion where everyone has different views. Some can accept that and respect it even if they don’t agree. Some can not and feel the need to belittle the posters when they don’t like their view. It is what it is. That comes with the territory.

Last edited:

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Curry a liability on defense?! He has more hustle on defense than half the team. He doesn't allow easy buckets.
Curry takes a lot of heat and people seem to want to replace him with guys who don't score as much, don't shoot anywhere near his percentage, don't play defense as well, don't have anywhere near the steals he has, etc. In addition, MBJ actually commits turnovers at a higher rate than Curry. Don't like to compare guys because we need everyone, especially being so short-handed, but Curry is a very fine role player. I guess it's the backup QB syndrome.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Curry takes a lot of heat and people seem to want to replace him with guys who don't score as much, don't shoot anywhere near his percentage, don't play defense as well, don't have anywhere near the steals he has, etc. In addition, MBJ actually commits turnovers at a higher rate than Curry. Don't like to compare guys because we need everyone, especially being so short-handed, but Curry is a very fine role player. I guess it's the backup QB syndrome.
It's the timing of Curry's turnovers, and the way he has them. Standing there dribbling off his foot, catching the ball with a foot out of bounds, dribbling into 3 guys, etc. Also, some of his bad shot selections are like turnovers as well, because they usually lead to instant easy run-outs and layups by the other team.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
It's the timing of Curry's turnovers, and the way he has them. Standing there dribbling off his foot, catching the ball with a foot out of bounds, dribbling into 3 guys, etc. Also, some of his bad shot selections are like turnovers as well, because they usually lead to instant easy run-outs and layups by the other team.
Percentage wise, he's our best shooting non-big. He's third best on three point shooting. He has 21 total turnovers on the year, but he has 8 blocks and 11 steals. You want to replace him with a guy shooting 29% from the field, 12% on threes, and who's looked lost on both ends of the floor during conference play. That's not a knock on Banks, just acknowledging that Keshawn is far, far ahead of him at this stage of their careers.

Keshawn is very under-appreciated by some (but not me).

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Percentage wise, he's our best shooting non-big. He's third best on three point shooting. He has 21 total turnovers on the year, but he has 8 blocks and 11 steals. You want to replace him with a guy shooting 29% from the field, 12% on threes, and who's looked lost on both ends of the floor during conference play. That's not a knock on Banks, just acknowledging that Keshawn is far, far ahead of him at this stage of their careers.

Keshawn is very under-appreciated by some (but not me).

Bacon at center, ward - PF in a 2 -3 zone at some point today...hopefully...letting ward cover the corner 3...

Reactions: NCRam

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
That describes more than just Curry ...you don’t get to 20 turnovers without everybody participating

Curry has much more ceiling than anyone else available for a game right now.

he can get it done

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2