Players đź¦´ Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland 🦴

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Percentage wise, he's our best shooting non-big. He's third best on three point shooting. He has 21 total turnovers on the year, but he has 8 blocks and 11 steals. You want to replace him with a guy shooting 29% from the field, 12% on threes, and who's looked lost on both ends of the floor during conference play. That's not a knock on Banks, just acknowledging that Keshawn is far, far ahead of him at this stage of their careers.

Keshawn is very under-appreciated by some (but not me).
High motor, terror in transition, can finish simple plays, fearless driver, extremely athletic, good teammate - sounds like a solid bench guy to me.

Besides, if you're a college coach in an important home game, are you more likely to turn to your upperclassman or your talented but untried freshman?

Reactions: VRam

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
My suspicion is that what we'll see, assuming Curry is healthy, is Curry will start with Watkins working in off the bench in his spot. Banks will likely see more minutes than he's used to, but still not all that many.

My big question is what happens if Ace gets in foul trouble. Who fills in at PG? Is it Curry? Henderson? Banks?

Reactions: VRam

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
My suspicion is that what we'll see, assuming Curry is healthy, is Curry will start with Watkins working in off the bench in his spot. Banks will likely see more minutes than he's used to, but still not all that many.

My big question is what happens if Ace gets in foul trouble. Who fills in at PG? Is it Curry? Henderson? Banks?
Williams, Watkins, Curry/Banks....

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014

If this happens we will lose no matter who fills in.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
That describes more than just Curry ...you don’t get to 20 turnovers without everybody participating

Curry has much more ceiling than anyone else available for a game right now.

he can get it done
Most of the other players have done a ton of things to make up for their turnovers, especially in clutch moments. And almost all of them have had bigger games than Curry this season. Watkins has had bigger games already. Curry's biggest game this season was Memphis, due to the transition points, and Watkins even topped that. We can claim the injuries are hurting Curry's progress, but for the pile of minutes he used to get, he was one of the less efficient players. I believe his minutes would be dwindling right now, even at 100% health, the same way it did near the end of last season. A handful of us have posted how stagnant the offense gets when Curry's in, and his free throw shooting doesn't help either. And from what I've heard Rhoades yelling on the sidelines during games, his coachability can be questioned. Watkins definitely has the highest ceiling.

All that being said, tonight would be the perfect time for Curry to play his best game. Even better if he and Watkins combine for 30+ points.

Last edited:
Reactions: RamFanatic

RamFanatic

Top Member
Feb 6, 2012
Most of the other players have done a ton of things to make up for their turnovers, especially in clutch moments. And almost all of them have had bigger games than Curry this season. Watkins has had bigger games already. Curry's biggest game this season was Memphis, due to the transition points, and Watkins even topped that. We can claim the injuries are hurting Curry's progress, but for the pile of minutes he used to get, he was one of the less efficient players. I believe his minutes would be dwindling right now, even at 100% health, the same way it did near the end of last season. A handful of us have posted how stagnant the offense gets when Curry's in, and his free throw shooting doesn't help either. And from what I've heard Rhoades yelling on the sidelines during games, his coachability can be questioned. Watkins definitely has the highest ceiling.

All that being said, tonight would be the perfect time for Curry to play his best game. Even better if he and Watkins combine for 30+ points.
Curry desperately wants to have a positive impact on the game - you can tell just by reading his body language. Too often he plays into the defense instead of taking what's available. He's so explosive I wish he could just get into a rhythm.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Let me ask you something if Bones posted the same way but wasn’t averaging POY numbers would you feel the same? Because I remember players posting inner team issues even just last year and the people here collectively said they need to stop putting out team issues. Heck you all even kept bumping one of my threads about it about until a few months ago saying thank goodness this team was different. I understand if players want to share each other love on line but team issues need to stay in house atleast until the program talks about it. Same way Bones made half of RN flip out 5 ish months ago with some vague tweet that seemed to suggest leaving VCU and suddenly there’s comment after comment underneath the tweet of panic. He then comes back a day later to say he was misinterpreted. He knows people hang off his every word. He could literally turn RN against Rhoades in one tweet if he wanted to in my honest opinion.
Here is what I don't understand about this forum. People come on here and make the same darn point over and over and over again. We get your perspective, dude. You made it clear many posts ago. Do you think that yet another post is somehow going to make your point clearer? If not, why do you need to repeat yourself so much?

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Let me ask you something if Bones posted the same way but wasn’t averaging POY numbers would you feel the same? Because I remember players posting inner team issues even just last year and the people here collectively said they need to stop putting out team issues. Heck you all even kept bumping one of my threads about it about until a few months ago saying thank goodness this team was different. I understand if players want to share each other love on line but team issues need to stay in house atleast until the program talks about it. Same way Bones made half of RN flip out 5 ish months ago with some vague tweet that seemed to suggest leaving VCU and suddenly there’s comment after comment underneath the tweet of panic. He then comes back a day later to say he was misinterpreted. He knows people hang off his every word. He could literally turn RN against Rhoades in one tweet if he wanted to in my honest opinion.

Yes, I would say the same thing because he is tweeting about his own injury and his own body and how it affects himself. That’s perfectly acceptable.

Reactions: artRAMinMN