Players ðŸ¦´ Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland 🦴

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Bones is playing today
Just to be crystal clear: I have no insider info. Wayne's article this am about Bones buried the lede: the last sentence quoted MR saying he should be ready to go. That plus Bones sweating through a Belk workout indicates to me he is a lock to play

Reactions: SpiderRAM

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
I
Just to be crystal clear: I have no insider info. Wayne's article this am about Bones buried the lede: the last sentence quoted MR saying he should be ready to go. That plus Bones sweating through a Belk workout indicates to me he is a lock to play

I’m hearing game time decision.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
It's my understanding that VCU is locked into at least the 2 seed, but can move up to the 1 seed with a win over Davidson and a Bonnies loss to Dayton on Monday. It may be that the coaches have decided to sit Bones because it's not worth risking him today. VCU could potentially win without him, but even if they do the Bonnies will probably beat Dayton. Meanwhile, a loss to Davidson at Davidson ... particularly without Bones ... is not damaging.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
It's my understanding that VCU is locked into at least the 2 seed, but can move up to the 1 seed with a win over Davidson and a Bonnies loss to Dayton on Monday. It may be that the coaches have decided to sit Bones because it's not worth risking him today. VCU could potentially win without him, but even if they do the Bonnies will probably beat Dayton. Meanwhile, a loss to Davidson at Davidson ... particularly without Bones ... is not damaging.
I would be very, very surprised if MR decides to sit a healthy Bones because of the seeding implications of the game. It was shocking to hear Grant say he might, but he and MR are different dudes. If Bones is healthy, I think he'll play. And I think Bones is healthy.

Reactions: Beirne

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
All his test were negative...play em
he and the team get better every game they play

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
so as of today he has gotten in 9 days of rest/repair and then tack on 4 additional days of rest/repair between today and when our first A10 tourney game should be that is a pretty good amount of rest, nearly two weeks. Wonder how close to 100% he sits right now.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Listen to MR's pregame show with Robby. He's practicing and feeling much better. I'd be shocked if he doesn't play
This has turned out to be one of those crazy game days with everything in the world going on, here. We found blood in a feral cat feeder bin this morn, got paranoid wondering who it came from. Kat cleaned it up, meanwhile, oddly enough I saw one of the cats (Bones, actually), sniffing the ground stopping at several spots in a path leading me over to behind a neighbor's shed and an injured raccoon. Richmond Animal Care and control just came and picked it up, required a tether pole, it wasn't able to stand and blood on it's back feet. I just can't stop from repeatedly taking deep breaths every 3 minutes here, thankful it wasn't one of the kitties. They're most likely gonna put it down. It's been eating here (we think it's the same one) for years, the cats always share their food.