Players ðŸ¦´ Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland 🦴

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
When was it not zero? People want to hold out hope that he is testing the waters but Bones is and has always been going pro.
I'm just quoting this to save AA from having to post it again. Bones is going pro. He told Coach Rhoades as soon as they got back from Indy. He is done with college. Hopefully he will get drafted or get a free agent deal with an NBA team but either way he doesn't play basketball for free anymore.

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
I'm just quoting this to save AA from having to post it again. Bones is going pro. He told Coach Rhoades as soon as they got back from Indy. He is done with college. Hopefully he will get drafted or get a free agent deal with an NBA team but either way he doesn't play basketball for free anymore.
I don't doubt that's what will happen, I was really just curious about the article in The Athletic that said he had passed up his remaining eligibility. I was really curious if there was something that had been done by him that made it impossible to return to VCU. That's what the article made it sound like.

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
If $$$ exchange hands beyond a standard set of expenses to attend combines/tryouts, eligibility gone. Approved agent, just means they are approved to negotiate contracts with the NBA, has no bearing on the NCAA— he could sign with John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidt for all they care, as long as money doesn’t exchange hands and the relationship is terminated within guidelines prior to resuming eligibility.
It may have. He talks on social media about loving the lifestyle. Wonder if he finished his classes this semester.

Feb 14, 2011
I don't doubt that's what will happen, I was really just curious about the article in The Athletic that said he had passed up his remaining eligibility. I was really curious if there was something that had been done by him that made it impossible to return to VCU. That's what the article made it sound like.
I kind of took it as "you quit and we won't open a spot for you if you change your mind" As a fan I would be really pissed if Coach had to send a recruit packing to open up a spot for someone that changed their mind. That would be really bad for recruiting reputation.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
It was a Stadium article.

Reactions: RamStrut

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I am sure he has at this point. He is probably getting some kind of stipend from his agent for travel and training expenses. Maybe even small endorsement deals.

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
I saw that article, too. I doubt that Stadium or The Athletic are doing exhaustive research into exactly what each candidate has done - which agent they've signed with, exactly what payments or stipends they've accepted. But there's no doubt Bones is committed to his future as a pro, just from his social media. I think if he told Coach Rhoades he was testing the waters, we'd have an open scholly right now.