Players 🦴 Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland 🦴

Mar 2, 2014
There is absolutely no reason to rush Bones to becoming the starting point guard. It will come with time, but he is definitely not ready to be the primary point guard yet.
He looks ready to me. or at least ready to get more minutes regardless.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
He looks ready to me. or at least ready to get more minutes regardless.
Keep in mind, Wolf wanted us to slow down saying Bones was even better than Byrd. So expect him to be slow coming around. He'll probably wait until his junior year to praise him. :D

Mar 2, 2014
Keep in mind, Wolf wanted us to slow down saying Bones was even better than Byrd. So expect him to be slow coming around. He'll probably wait until his junior year to praise him. :D
Yes. What is the criteria for deeming a player ready?

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
There is absolutely no reason to rush Bones to becoming the starting point guard. It will come with time, but he is definitely not ready to be the primary point guard yet.
He isn’t ready yet, but I could see him starting by the end of the season if he keeps developing at this rate. I like the idea of moving Evans to the 2 since he seems to be more comfortable in a SG role.

Reactions: RamStrut

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
He isn’t ready yet, but I could see him starting by the end of the season if he keeps developing at this rate. I like the idea of moving Evans to the 2 since he seems to be more comfortable in a SG role.
He seems most comfortable with the ball in his hands period, whether it's playing the point or the 2. He doesn't seem to be the type of player who is going to move much without the ball. But I agree, reducing his PG responsibilities could be a plus.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
No need to rush Hyland, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more Hyland/Evans 1/2 lineups so that Evans can coach up Bones on-court.
I think we'll see that sooner than later. Kel could easily be 1st off the bench for either player.
Bones is averaging 15 minutes per game, has more assists than turnovers, has shown the ability to stroke it from 3 and pass into the paint...
He's shown the ability to dribble drive/pass and clearly understands his responsibilities on both sides of the court.
Currently 9th on the team in average minutes, he won't finish there...