1996 Bulls vs. 2017 Warriors

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
I would've posted this in Off-Topic but no one goes there, and there won't be much to talk about for a while anyway.

http://instagr.am/p/CAVO9m1pKH4/
I say the Bulls would win in 6 in both eras. The Warriors wouldn't handle the physicality in '96, and Jordan and Pippen would have the freedom to combine for 100 today. People forget Harper was a dog defensively and would be fun to watch against Curry. Green vs. Rodman would be real life WWE. What do you think?

Dec 16, 2013
I would've posted this in Off-Topic but no one goes there, and there won't be much to talk about for a while anyway.

http://instagr.am/p/CAVO9m1pKH4/
I say the Bulls would win in 6 in both eras. The Warriors wouldn't handle the physicality in '96, and Jordan and Pippen would have the freedom to combine for 100 today. People forget Harper was a dog defensively and would be fun to watch against Curry. Green vs. Rodman would be real life WWE. What do you think?
Little known trivia , VCU's own Tim Lampe played basketball with Ron Harper at Miami of ohio.

buckwheat

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Gimme the 96 Bulls....and 97 and 98 Bulls for that matter.

I think people tend to forget how good those Seattle and Utah teams were in 96, 97, and 98. Those were ultra talented squads who gave Chicago all they could handle, but still came up short.

John Stockton is the greatest point guard of all time. Fight me.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Gimme the 96 Bulls....and 97 and 98 Bulls for that matter.

I think people tend to forget how good those Seattle and Utah teams were in 96, 97, and 98. Those were ultra talented squads who gave Chicago all they could handle, but still came up short.

John Stockton is the greatest point guard of all time. Fight me.
Pacers too.....Mark Jackson, Chris Mullen (old but deadly), Reggie Miller, Smits, Derrick McKey, Dale Davis, Antoine Davis, Travis Best, Jalen Rose

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
I find it amazing how much the game has changed since the Jordan Bulls era. Iso ball vs space and pace, the mid range jump shots, the final scores, and just how much the superstars were spread out across the league.

Mar 1, 2015
87 Lakers >> both. Still think ‘96 Bulls are 🐐
I would have like to seen a healthy Celtics team against the Lakers in 87, McCale and Parrish were hurt, but that’s the way it goes sometimes.
83 Lakers had hall of famers everywhere, 2 coming off the bench (Worthy and Macadoo). And many more great players. Sixers swept them, and those games weren’t really that close. That sixers team was something. 86 Celts went beyond basketball, it was art.

96 Bulls were awesome, no doubt. Not sure there were other great teams around. The old dynasties were gone, Spurs hadn’t ascended. The league had also just expanded, AGAIN, diluting the talent. And I would like to see Luc Longley on Moses or Kareem, or the big 3.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
in fairness, he was at the end—he was a solid back up on those teams
True. I just got a kick out of seeing his name. I kind of think he was on the tail end of Georgia Tech's good basketball. I think he was after Kenny Anderson and Brook Steppe. He kind of carried them when he played. I remember him as a high scoring guard that also looked for teammates. I did not really see much of him as a pro.