20-21 Opponent Tracking

sjhawk13

Top Member
Feb 6, 2014
Reactions: WillWeaverRVA

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
And, I've seen this a few times before but it's rare. The kid wrote a whole long thing about the transfer. It wasn't written in the Notes app either!

That might be the best written "I'm transferring and here's why" statement I've ever read.

sjhawk13

Top Member
Feb 6, 2014
That might be the best written "I'm transferring and here's why" statement I've ever read.
He's a nerd for writing it, and nerds must be publicly identified, but it's really quite good. I was surprised. I didn't even hear his name much until recent days! This was one of the few times where following the Twitter tea leaves (who the coaches began following and vice-versa) actually held some water.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
"
I think these are the twins I read have nightmare parents/coaches involved. Seems like gas and fire adding them with David Cox.
Sorry for the late response but I was on a self imposed quarantine from here until today. Yes, as soon as I saw this on twitter, I said it was going to be a problem. I watched them early in there career in VA, saw them multiple times in person when they were down here at Montverde and saw them a couple times when they went back to Woodbridge for their senior year. Talent wise they "could be" a problem.

Now, Makhi is better than Makhel and most coaches recognize that and play them that way.........however, their are people in their ear who feel both of them are equal and there in lies the problem. IF Cox can give them both 24 plus per game and can feature them on offense, he likely want have any issues. If he treats them differently or goes the same route he did with Dowtin and maybe sits one for an extended etc, he will be repeating the same thing he said this year regarding transfers. I'll just leave it here so he can have it for reference

“What I’m dealing with now is young men and families and camps who have huge aspirations but do not or refuse to deal with the actual process,” Cox said. “That word now – process or progression, those types of terms – has started to work against you in regards to recruiting some of these top young players.”

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
A guy on the A10 message board calls him Carla Tortelli :lol:. Believe it or not some do not think much of the way he is building that program with a revolving door of disposable players.
I'm guessing that building a program for the Dukes is pretty challenging, and nobody can deny that he's having success. Regardless, it's one thing to criticize him for that, and it's another to call him a "hobbit." I know this is an internet forum and everything, but still, that's pretty gross.

Reactions: Celticguy
Jan 17, 2010
that's interesting...
Went from 30 minutes a game last year to about 12 this year so that likely was going to get worse. At 35% from three and a 90% free throw shooter he should be able to find a landing spot at a conference a level beneath the A-10.

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
Went from 30 minutes a game last year to about 12 this year so that likely was going to get worse. At 35% from three and a 90% free throw shooter he should be able to find a landing spot at a conference a level beneath the A-10.
Now look at KeShawn Curry’s numbers, also a rising junior.

I remember the days of Jamal Shuler, a junior, still having to come off the bench (in the CAA).

Or Troy Daniels, with his sweet stroke and deep range, finally getting a shot as a junior.

Or Mel Johnson finally getting his full time gig as a junior.

They could all stroke it.......and from deep. And with regularity.

We need perimeter help. Or the emergence of some underclassmen. Quickly. Like yesterday.

Reactions: Ramdog

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
We need scorers ...from any spot on the floor or any number you want assign to his position...our offense was offensive