20-21 Opponent Tracking

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
So you have the following "undergraduates" that have filed for 60 draft spots:
18 - Early Entry
69 - Testing NBA waters
34 - Notables Not Yet Announced

That's 121 players. On top of this, you have numerous seniors declaring for the draft and numerous foreign players declaring for the draft..

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I would imagine the NCAA will end up extending the deadline, but there's no real way to be sure of that.
Why should they? That will only hurt the schools who are waiting for a determination regarding those scholarships that are being held hostage by the players. That would only make the recruiting window to fill those scholarships even shorter than it is now.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Why should they? That will only hurt the schools who are waiting for a determination regarding those scholarships that are being held hostage by the players. That would only make the recruiting window to fill those scholarships even shorter than it is now.
Also... with No postseason at all & a lot of teams not even playing in their conference tourneys.... Shouldn't that have given the college athletes more than enough time to decide on whether to transfer/declare for the draft... etc.? Plus with no NBA games going on either... .what else do the scouts have to do but evaluate talent?

If I remember correctly there were people already declaring/transferring the minute all postseason was cancelled for NCAA.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Couple of points.

• April 16th is the lat day to enter to "test the waters" and April 26 is the deadline for Early Entry into the NBA draft
  • The initial round of feedback starts today for all players who submitted there application prior to March 27th.
  • For submission after March 27th, feedback will be provided after a full week or more of the submission.
  • The feedback categories are as follows and are shred in writing with both the student athlete(any others he may designate) and his head coach
    • a. Drafted in the Lottery (i.e., pick Nos. 1-14);
    • b. Drafted in the First Round but outside the Lottery (i.e., pick Nos. 15-30);
    • c. Drafted in the first half of the Second Round (i.e., pick Nos. 31-45)
    • d. Drafted in the second half of the Second Round (i.e., pick Nos. 46-60); or
    • e. Not drafted.
  • In certain cases, NBA Basketball Operations personnel will engage in telephone conversations with a player and his head college coach (and other individuals whom the player may designate) to help educate the student-athlete on the feedback he received.
  • As long as the student athlete meets all filling deadlines and does not hire a non-ncaa approved agent, they maintain eligbility(and the scholarship until
1. He enters the NBA Draft or hires an NCAA-certified agent prior to or without requesting an NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation from the NBA.
2. He agrees orally or in writing to be represented by any individual other than an NCAAcertified agent.
3. He agrees orally or in writing to be represented by an NCAA-certified agent outside of the permissible timeframe allowed by NCAA legislation.
4. He accepts any benefits from an individual other than an NCAA-certified agent.
5. He accepts any benefits from an NCAA-certified agent that are not expressly permitted by NCAA legislation or outside of the permissible timeframe allowed by NCAA legislation.
6. He participates in a tryout with an NBA team that lasts longer than 48-hours (exception for the NBA Draft Combine and G League Elite Camp held in connection with the Combine), which he has not personally financed, or his NCAA-certified agent has not financed.
7. He misses class to participate in a tryout, including travel to and from the tryout (exception for the NBA Draft Combine and G League Elite Camp held in connection with the Combine).
8. He enters the NBA Draft AND does not take the appropriate steps to withdraw and declare his intention to resume intercollegiate participation.
9. He enters the NBA Draft AND is drafted by a professional team.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Dunno, Blake Francis is a score first kind of player with a matador defense. Quintessential NBA player.
you seem like a reasonable guy, so i am going to give it a try. Most NBA players are good to outstanding defenders—the perceived lack of defense is a testament to how freaking skilled most players are offensively especially the elite.

Also the defensive rules and the width of the lane make for a more fluid game offensively. If the NBA were really a defensive wasteland, don’t you think EMay and Treveon would have had more of an impact, especially with 8 more minutes per game and a 24 second clock?

Albeit, an 82 game schedule with quite a few back to backs and the occasional 4 games in 5 days, does lead to more of an ebb and flow in defensive effort from time to time— but when games are on the line and during the playoffs, the defensive excellence is on display and highly relevant.

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
you seem like a reasonable guy, so i am going to give it a try. Most NBA players are good to outstanding defenders—the perceived lack of defense is a testament to how freaking skilled most players are offensively especially the elite.

Also the defensive rules and the width of the lane make for a more fluid game offensively. If the NBA were really a defensive wasteland, don’t you think EMay and Treveon would have had more of an impact, especially with 8 more minutes per game and a 24 second clock?

Albeit, an 82 game schedule with quite a few back to backs and the occasional 4 games in 5 days, does lead to more of an ebb and flow in defensive effort from time to time— but when games are on the line and during the playoffs, the defensive excellence is on display and highly relevant.
As you can imagine, I am no fan of the NBA. My vision of an NBA defender is James Harden. I suppose I have become accustomed to enjoy watching a team play its heart out on defense. I just see NBA players wanting to score as many points as they can. Sorry that my perception doesn’t match yours.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
As you can imagine, I am no fan of the NBA. My vision of an NBA defender is James Harden. I suppose I have become accustomed to enjoy watching a team play its heart out on defense. I just see NBA players wanting to score as many points as they can. Sorry that my perception doesn’t match yours.
Well I tried, if not a fan of the NBA, not much common ground from which to dialogue.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
If you listened to Ed's video this week, we are not immune. Huge cuts in $$ from A10 and NCAA, and it is hard to imagine that season ticket sales will be what they have been come fall. I think for at least a year or two, we are facing a new economic reality
AD's and coaching staffs at other, d1 universities have offered to take a 10% cut in their pay. I expect Ed to follow suit before coming back to us donors and asking for more money.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
How the phuck we lost to mason at home ...by a bunch.... will remain a mystery for all time
We really had a bad second half of the season.

Reactions: Newboy