20-21 Opponent Tracking

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Dayton @ #22 Saint Louis- 8:30 PM (CBS Sports)
Watch this game not be played for some reason, just to prolong our suffering.

Considering that Dayton is not actually as horribly bad as they looked when they played us, this should be a very interesting game, given that it's been 33 days since SLU has played an actual game of basketball. I honestly would not be surprised to see an upset here.

northernvatiger

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Watch this game not be played for some reason, just to prolong our suffering.

Considering that Dayton is not actually as horribly bad as they looked when they played us, this should be a very interesting game, given that it's been 33 days since SLU has played an actual game of basketball. I honestly would not be surprised to see an upset here.
33 days -- crazy.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Screenshot 2021-01-26 09.57.52.png
4sapa0.jpg

GarseIronjade

Top Member
Nov 16, 2016
That was a great game. WVU went out to a double digit lead in the 1st half and then TTU went up double digits in the 2nd half before WVU evened it up late. McBride and McClung are two great players. Fun to watch that one.
It was one of the best games I have watched all season.

Reactions: TampaKAP

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
@DisplacedRam I'd love nothing more than for Dayton to spank them tonight and spark those "rusty" excuses.

Any idea when Chatman will be back?

If UD wants to pull the upset Crutcher needs some help. Amzil had a horrible game against VCU and he will need to have a big game tonight. That will be difficult because SLU is tough on D and down low. Chatman is out for a couple more weeks because he had surgery on a torn ligament. Watson and Cohill need to step up.

Reactions: LQuarles
Jan 15, 2020
St Louis always talks ****. Few years ago I shared every comment from their fanbase to VCU fans on Twitter. They got retweeted over and over until there was legit venom before the game. Everyone I spoke to wanted to demolish them. I honestly thought a nasty rivalry would start from the way they talked about us.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@rambunctiousrowdyram I sure hope those SLU fans let last season's win in their house give them that false sense of security, especially since we have no one who can shoot besides Bones, and they apparently don't know what a young team is and how they look and play sometimes.

Jan 15, 2020
@rambunctiousrowdyram I sure hope those SLU fans let last season's win in their house give them that false sense of security, especially since we have no one who can shoot besides Bones, and they apparently don't know what a young team is and how they look and play sometimes.

This is just typical SLU arrogance. Every fanbase as a MO.

URI and SBU get a rep for having many passionate but extremely a hole fans.
SJU- passionate and knowledgeable fans but at a small scale.
Dayton - Very knowledgeable and actually great to away fans (One even took a picture of me with my VCU flag there after a win. The security are jerks though.) but also think extremely high of themselves so failure is taken badly. Think of a mix of VCU/UR.
SLU- Arrogant as heck. They think ever since those years they were cleaning house in the A10 they are a dynasty.

I won’t do a full run down as some like UR and Mason we are familiar with but if any requests I can give aview

Reactions: LQuarles

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
If we play them, and shut down Goodwin like we did Crutcher, we will feast. I hate pressing and trapping URI, but I still think it's a good thing to do against SLU, until they show they can consistently beat it. But onto UMass.