20-21 Opponent Tracking

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Finishing 11th might be the end of this era of VCU basketball
Not sure what he's basing this on.... but I responded to him. Not sure why he thinks we will finish 11th.... only logical reason I can think of for his list would be us losing 5 players to graduation.... but I also responded with.... we had a lot of injuries this year, which forced our younger guys to play more than maybe they would have otherwise.

And even with all that, and with the A10 definitely improved from the year before.... we finished 9th.

But next year we should have Williams & Douglas back healthy, we still got MSS, and all the freshmen got a year of college experience under their belt (williams & Curry have 2 years under their belt).

So sparring severe injuries to key players.... I don't see us finishing bottom 4 in the conference. I see us still getting Top 8/9 ish.... Top 4? Not gonna say it's impossible, but not gonna jump the gun & say its a lock either.

Only time will tell.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Not sure what he's basing this on.... but I responded to him. Not sure why he thinks we will finish 11th.... only logical reason I can think of for his list would be us losing 5 players to graduation.... but I also responded with.... we had a lot of injuries this year, which forced our younger guys to play more than maybe they would have otherwise.

And even with all that, and with the A10 definitely improved from the year before.... we finished 9th.

But next year we should have Williams & Douglas back healthy, we still got MSS, and all the freshmen got a year of college experience under their belt (williams & Curry have 2 years under their belt).

So sparring severe injuries to key players.... I don't see us finishing bottom 4 in the conference. I see us still getting Top 8/9 ish.... Top 4? Not gonna say it's impossible, but not gonna jump the gun & say its a lock either.

Only time will tell.
I’d rather see us picked 7th or lower and finish in the top 4, than picked 1st and finish, well..., like this season. I know the correlation above is just anecdotal, but with the youth of our guys next season I’d prefer underestimated with no pressure any day of the week.

Last edited:

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I’d rather see us picked 7th or lower and finish in the top 4, than picked 1st and finish, well..., like this season. I know the correlation above is just an anecdotal, but with the youth of our guys next season I’d prefer underestimated with no pressure any day of the week.
I completely agree... I just don't see us finishing bottom 4.