20-21 Opponent Tracking

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Tbh, I wouldn’t mind having a relative cupcake schedule next year.
I don’t know much about Youngstown State other than they finished 4th in the Horizon League, had a NET of 232, and return almost every player. How’s that for in-depth analysis? :lol:

Reactions: Newboy

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Though I love him at VCU, I could see JD Byers being a blooming HC for them.
Wake Forest will go after an existing head coach Attached is an article from 247Sports which lists possibilites.

"While the coaching search process is in the beginning stages for the Wake Forest administration, some potential names for the head coaching position include UNC-Greensboro's Wes Miller, ETSU's Steve Forbes, Winthrop's Pat Kelsey, UMBC's Ryan Odom and College of Charleston's Earl Grant."

My money is on Wes Miller or Steve Forbes. If they could land Steve Forbes, that would be a huge get for the program, but Doc Sander would not be happy.

Reactions: wavevcu
Jan 8, 2020
Ok I updated it on the 1st page.... so as of now it looks like this
Merrimack
Youngstown State

@ LSU
????- …. Charleston Classic (Thursday, November 19th, 2020)
????-…. Charleston Classic (Friday, November 20th, 2020)
????-.... Charleston Classic (Sunday November 22nd, 2020)
UNLV ... A10/Mountain West Challenge (Wednesday December 3rd, 2020)
@ Old Dominion

Assuming we have a season at this point
Dec. 3 is a Thursday.

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
No way Mooney is a candidate.
I saw that O'Conner wrote an article about it but it just seems so far fetched. Maybe if he has a good season next year he will be able to get a bigger job but his overall record the last 8 years has been abysmal. If his team trips up next year he might not even get renewed at UR.

O'Conner's article was hysterical. It centered around interviews/offers that occurred in 2010 and 2011 :lol:

Last edited:

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
Is he a candidate or did O'Conner just want to write an article? I would take a look at Tim Duncan if I was their AD. Duncan is an assistant under Pop at San Antonio right now.
Those press conferences would be great.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I saw that O'Conner wrote an article about it but it just seems so far fetched. Maybe if he has a good season next year he will be able to get a bigger job but his overall record the last 8 years has been abysmal. If his team trips up next year he might not even get renewed at UR.

O'Conner's article was hysterical. It centered around interviews/offers that occurred in 2010 and 2011 :lol:
Wake Forest rolled the dice on Manning. No way they roll the dice again on a marginal coach like Mooney. If I'm Wake Forest, I'm all in trying to get Steve Forbes. The guy has been "money" at ETSU, not to be confused with "Mooney".

Reactions: wavevcu

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Wake Forest rolled the dice on Manning. No way they roll the dice again on a marginal coach like Mooney. If I'm Wake Forest, I'm all in trying to get Steve Forbes. The guy has been "money" at ETSU, not to be confused with "Mooney".
I am seeing Beilein's name.

Reactions: PRock