20-21 Opponent Tracking

Dec 8, 2011
Who wants to pitch in a few bucks for a group-wide bet on Saint Joe's winning the whole thing? Bet $100, get $50,000 if it happens.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Xavier is the first school I think of when I think of continued success through multiple head coaches.
Pete Guillen (7 NCAAs and 1 NIT in 9 years as HC)
Skip Prosser (4 NCAAs and 2 NITs in 7 years as HC)
Thad Matta (3 NCAAs including an E8 in 3 years as HC)
Sean Miller (4 NCAAs in 5 years as HC)
Chris Mack (8 NCAAs in 9 years as HC including 3 S16s and 1 E8) - ironically his only year they didn't make the NCAAs was the year we were in the A10 with them
Travis Steele made the NIT in 2019 and we'll see how he does

With all of that said, this dates back to 1985-1986 whereas Jeff Capel was hired in 2002-2003. If in 10-15 years I look back and we have the success that Xavier had since 1985 thru 2019, then I would be VERY HAPPY.
Exactly. Xavier is the model for maintaining success outside the power schools thru numerous coaching changes. The only other one that comes to mind would also be New Mexico State, but the WAC is a very unique situation. Anyway, I never thought replicating Gonzaga's success would be realistic. I did, however, think we could possibly become the Xavier of the East Coast. In fact, I think we're bearing witness to that as we speak.

Go Rams!

Reactions: RamStrut
Dec 8, 2011
I don’t want to face Rhody in our first game, but our other potential opponents aren’t looking a whole lot less scary. It’s either Richmond or a resurgent Dayton, and of those two Dayton could probably beat Rhody.

the fUR boards are at peak entertainment levels right now if anyone wants to go have a look :lol:
The "Fire Mooney" thread has been bumped LOL

Reactions: theyaintwantit

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Well hate to burst you bubble but I am hearing as long at Queally has a vote, Mooney will keep his job.
There is really no reason for Richmond to can him. Likeable guy, runs clean program, recruits well given the academic standards, (and here is the killer), he performs up to the expectations of the administration. If there is a problem it is with the administration and their goals for ALL sports at Richmond. At a school like Richmond, you just don't run a somewhat successful BB coach off.
Ram Nation needs to do something to honor Queally for helping to keep Mooney around. As someone who hates fur, man oh man do I love Mooney.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I wonder if the Bonnies losing will drop that back to a Quad 2 win? Also, how far will Dayton move up?

Dr. Len Reid

Top Member
Jan 15, 2013
Since I have not seen mention of this on any of the threads, I ask: Why was St. Bona allowed to play one more conference game than Rams? VCU had conference game at end canceled. Seems unfair to me as that extra game allowed Bonnies to claim regular season title. Yeah, I know .. if we had not dropped Davidson game. But we didn’t get the same chance to end as Bonnies did. As usual, Rams get short end from A10.

Dec 8, 2011
As usual, Rams get short end from A10.
"As usual"? Not exactly.
Yeah it's a bummer but that's the way it is this season. If we had won the regular season title and SBU was out of the picture, there would be a bunch of other teams who would have just as much a gripe that we got to play more games than they did. All good! Just win three games starting Friday and all will be well :)

Reactions: Ululating Daddy

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Since I have not seen mention of this on any of the threads, I ask: Why was St. Bona allowed to play one more conference game than Rams? VCU had conference game at end canceled. Seems unfair to me as that extra game allowed Bonnies to claim regular season title. Yeah, I know .. if we had not dropped Davidson game. But we didn’t get the same chance to end as Bonnies did. As usual, Rams get short end from A10.
No teams played an equal number of games this season. SBU did play a relatively similar schedule to us as far as strength and number of games. I would be more upset if SLU or UMass had finished ahead of us.