20-21 Opponent Tracking

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Out of Conference Opponents
Utah State*- (17-7) (Crossover Classic)
#15 West Virginia*- (19-6) (Crossover Classic)
Memphis*- (15-6) (Crossover Classic)
@ Penn State (9-13)
Mount St. Mary's- (10-10)
North Carolina A&T- (11-10)
Old Dominion (13-5)
Western Carolina (12-15)
James Madison (13-6)

Conference Opponents
@ Saint Joseph's (5-15) (3-9 in A-10)
Davidson x2 (12-7) (7-4 in A-10)
George Mason x2 (13-8) (8-6 in A-10)
Rhode Island x2 (10-15) (7-10 in A-10)
@ George Washington (5-12) (3-5 in A-10)
Richmond x2 (13-8) (6-5 in A-10)
Dayton x2 (14-8) (9-7 in A-10)
UMass (8-6) (6-4 in A-10)
La Salle (9-16) (6-11 in A-10)
@ Duquesne (9-8) (7-7 in A-10)
Fordham (2-12) (2-11 in A-10)
@ St. Bonaventure (13-4) (11-4 in A-10)
Saint Louis (13-5) (6-4 in A-10)

Non Conference Opponent Record: 119-77
Conference Opponent Record: 127-125 (81-86 in conference play)
Combined Overall Record: 246-202

Last edited:
Reactions: DisplacedRam

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Thursday March 4th
#6 West Virginia defeats TCU- 76-67
Utah State defeats Wyoming- 72-59

Atlantic 10 Tournament- 2nd Round
Duquesne defeats Richmond- 67-62
UMass defeats Saint Joseph's- 100-66
Dayton defeats Rhode Island- 84-72
George Mason defeats George Washington- 73-59

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Someone get Marcus a ticket in case the Spiders win and get some wild idea to cut down the nets while celebrating yet another meaningless win on our court. 😉😂
I was standing right next to that ladder when it happened. I will never forget the look on the UR player's faces. They were scared. VCU fans were pointing and yelling at them so they ran to the locker room.

Last edited:

districtballer

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I was standing right next to that ladder when it happened. I will never forget the look on the UR player's faces. They were scared. VCU fans were pointing and yelling at them so they ran to the locker room.
They should have an museum-style exhibit on it in the BDC complete with the net in question, the ladder, documentary-style video interviews of Marcus and any witnesses (preferably by Chris Kowalczyk). Freaking epic, even legendary stuff. I was just a teenager in Toronto when it happened but if I had a dime for every time I heard about it, I’d be debt-free. 😂

Meeting him and hearing the story first-hand was one of the cooler things I’ve experienced as a Ram fan.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
They should have an museum-style exhibit on it in the BDC complete with the net in question, the ladder, documentary-style video interviews of Marcus and any witnesses (preferably by Chris Kowalczyk). Freaking epic, even legendary stuff. I was just a teenager in Toronto when it happened but if I had a dime for every time I heard about it, I’d be debt-free. 😂

Meeting him and hearing the story first-hand was one of the cooler things I’ve experienced as a Ram fan.
I probably told my end of the story already too. Before Marcus ran out there I was asked by Ben Hamlin to shoot video of them cutting the nets. I did not want to do it. I was asking Beilein, what the heck are you guys thinking? He seemed kind of clueless. This was a spur of the moment players move to attempt it. One ran to a tunnel and grabbed the ladder. I think it was Stevenson on the ladder. Marcus ran right thru the ladder with a shoulder block. I remember telling Beilein in the tunnel that what they did was bush league and they got what they deserved. Funny thing about it all is that they were unsuccessful again. To top it off the CAA blocked them from the tourney even though they finished 1st. The NCAA snubbed them and they went to the NIT. The next year in the A10 Beilein left them high and dry. :lol:

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Rhode Island vs Dayton- 3:30 PM (NBC Sports)
This game is probably going to be a good one. It's easily the closest projection of all four A-10 tournament games today, with Torvik predicting a 68-66 win for Dayton with a 58% chance of victory. I don't think the projection takes into account the fact that Rhody won't have Jeremy Sheppard, though.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Atlantic 10 Tournament- 2nd Round
Duquesne
vs Richmond- 11 AM (NBC Sports)... game at the STU (imagine if their season ended on our home court :lol:)
Saint Joseph's vs UMass- 1 PM (NBC Sports)
Rhode Island vs Dayton- 3:30 PM (NBC Sports)
George Washington vs George Mason- 5:30 PM (NBC Sports)
My thoughts for today's A10 games:
  • I would obviously love Richmond's season to end right now, but in reality if they win then St. Bona will have an opportunity for a Q2 Neutral site win vs Richmond tomorrow at The Stu. Therefore Richmond winning would be best for the A10, but fudge em I don't care.
  • UMass / St Joe's is kind of a toss up to me. When SLU plays the winner tomorrow it'll be a Q3 or Q4 matchup. I would say St Joe's because I'm not a fan of Massholes.
  • Dayton/Rhody is the best game of the day. I would lean Dayton for VCUs sake because if we lose, I think Dayton has a better chance of making the A10 Title game than Rhody. And.... Dayton's NET ranking is currently 85 and a few wins could *potentially* get them in the Top 75.
  • Mason / GW - I hate the Goo Moos, but their NET ranking is currently 122. A loss to GW could drop them below 135 which is currently a Q2 Road win for us. I would prefer Mason to win this game.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
This game is probably going to be a good one. It's easily the closest projection of all four A-10 tournament games today, with Torvik predicting a 68-66 win for Dayton with a 58% chance of victory. I don't think the projection takes into account the fact that Rhody won't have Jeremy Sheppard, though.
They split during the regular season. UD won a blowout and URI won a close high scoring game.

Reactions: WillWeaverRVA

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
going to be rushing this morning to try to get as much work stuff done by 11 so I can take in as much of these games as possible. I'm picking Dukes, Hawks, Fayers, and Mason

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
going to be rushing this morning to try to get as much work stuff done by 11 so I can take in as much of these games as possible. I'm picking Dukes, Hawks, Fayers, and Mason
I did not take this week off some I am bummed. I catch what I can. Friday is unfortunately going to be the same. Ugh

Reactions: DisplacedRam