20-21 Opponent Tracking

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I'm thinking Richmond, St. Joseph's, Dayton, and Mason.

I want to pick UMass, but they're a really soft 5-seed. COVID has wrecked their season and they haven't won a game in almost a month, and they have blowout losses to Richmond and Saint Louis coming off their most recent pause.

Reactions: theyaintwantit

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
It will depend on Francis in my opinion. If he is hampered by his fall the other night or cannot play I think they are toast.
Yeah, if Francis doesn't play, I don't think Richmond wins. I'm currently going on the assumption that he will play (even if limited minutes), but I haven't heard anything either way aside from him being a game-time decision.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Friday morning: "sorry boss, woke up with a sore throat, coughs, and fever think I'm going to need to lay low today" :lol:
Yeah, I can’t do that. Hopefully I can grind it out and have some free time at my desk. I am in the office on Friday. Maybe I can pull the VCU game up on one of my monitors.

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
I'm enjoying having the games to stream at the office while working my way through today.
I have no idea who actually will win, but here are my hopes...
  • Go Richmond! As long as there remains a chance that we can crush their hopes in a final game, I'm rooting them on!
  • Go St. Joe's! It's a love/hate thing. My family and I were heckled by fans in Brooklyn after a disappointing final game a few years back, so I hate 'em! But I have some family members who are alumni, so I kinda root for them. And again, if there's a chance to crush them in a final game, I have to root for that chance. I have complete and utter ambivalence towards U Mass.
  • Go URI! I respect the heck out of Dayton, and it wouldn't hurt me to see them actually win. And I know that the odds of beating a team a third time are better than the odds of losing to that team. But the old cliche still scares me! Plus I never root for an injury. But if URI is injured, then that is who I want to face. I'll take the easier path any way I can get it.
  • Go GW! Sorry, but I cannot root for a fanbase who laughs that I'm working for them at McDonald's right now. And once again, I have nothing but ambivalence towards GW, so they get my support today by default.

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
Thursday March 4th
TCU @ #6 West Virginia- 7 PM (Big 12 Network & ESPN+)
Wyoming @ Utah State- 9:30 PM (Fox Sports 1)

Atlantic 10 Tournament- 2nd Round
Duquesne
vs Richmond- 11 AM (NBC Sports)... game at the STU (imagine if their season ended on our home court :lol:)
Saint Joseph's vs UMass- 1 PM (NBC Sports)
Rhode Island vs Dayton- 3:30 PM (NBC Sports)
George Washington vs George Mason- 5:30 PM (NBC Sports)

Any interest in adding a list of teams playing that are ahead of us in NET? Maybe just those within striking distance?

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
My thoughts for today's A10 games:
  • Mason / GW - I hate the Goo Moos, but their NET ranking is currently 122. A loss to GW could drop them below 135 which is currently a Q2 Road win for us. I would prefer Mason to win this game.

I am torn on this one. I am big josh oduro fan but I love Noel Brown. He played for coach cofer(vcu ram alum and tbt ramnation coach) and with wahab at flint hill.

Brown shut down soriano for a 13 minute stretch in the fordham game..

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I'm thinking Richmond, St. Joseph's, Dayton, and Mason.

I want to pick UMass, but they're a really soft 5-seed. COVID has wrecked their season and they haven't won a game in almost a month, and they have blowout losses to Richmond and Saint Louis coming off their most recent pause.
I would think that it is best for VCU if Richmond and St. Joe's win since we never got to play UMass and Duquesne.

I agree on UMass; they just seem like a soft #5 seed. They haven't been the same since Mitchell injured his shoulder. I know he's playing, but in what little I've seen of him since that injury, he doesn't look the same.

Reactions: WillWeaverRVA