20-21 Opponent Tracking

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Didn’t one or both of them quit Maryland during the season?
It is never "one" with the twins. Great talent(for one of them, the other is okay) but I know people related to people that played with them two different places(Maryland and at Montverde) and neither lost any sleep over them leaving. I wish them well in life and hope it works out for them but between what I have heard about them and what I have seen with Cox, I find it hard to believe there will be a happy ending.

Reactions: mrgeode and SWV

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
and looks like URI gets ANOTHER fudgeing waiver today. does their coach have pics of some NCAA board members on Epstein Island or something? half the darn team is transfers with waivers.

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
We had a nice 11-year (2007-2017) Grant/Smart/Wade window (winning era)..........9 NCAA bids, 9 NCAA tourney wins. Impressive for anyone, but particularly for a non-P6.

The competition, however, has caught up. The landscape has changed. Other A-10 teams hired well. SEC hired really well and now gets more annual bids. AAC is deeper.

Rhoades and company are now competing with Dambrot, Ford, Grant, Mooney, McKillop, Schmidt, Paulsen, Cox, McCall, and Christian.

They’re also realistically competing with Kelvin Samson, Penny Hardaway, Randy Bennett, Gregg Marshall, John Brannen, Johnny Dawkins, Frank Haith, etc.

We were the non-P6 “belle of the ball” 2012-2017 along with Gonzaga, Wichita St, and Cincy.

Seems so long ago......

Last edited:
Reactions: Celticguy

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
We had a nice 11-year (2007-2017) Grant/Smart/Wade window (winning era)..........9 NCAA bids, 9 NCAA tourney wins. Impressive for anyone, but particularly for a non-P6.

The competition, however, has caught up. The landscape has changed. Other A-10 teams hired well. SEC hired really well and now gets more annual bids. AAC is deeper.

Rhoades and company are now competing with Dambrot, Ford, Grant, Mooney, McKillop, Schmidt, Paulsen, Cox, McCall, and Christian.

They’re also realistically competing with Kelvin Samson, Penny Hardaway, Randy Bennett, Gregg Marshall, John Brannen, Johnny Dawkins, Frank Haith, etc.

We were the non-P6 “bell of the ball” 2012-2017 along with Gonzaga, Wichita St, and Cincy.

Seems so long ago......
You have the most cogent, well organized objectively wrong posts. If Rhoades is competing with the likes of Mooney, Paulsen, Ford, McCall, Schmidt, and the likes, then he won't need to make another tournament this decade since he's already lapping them.