20-21 Opponent Tracking

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
ok so I red the furlough article twice. It doesn't appear that its everyone at one time but will be staggered so this will slow down the process but not stop it
I think the bad news was that if they are laying off employees that is not a good sign for the season happening.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I think the bad news was that if they are laying off employees that is not a good sign for the season happening.
Nah, I still think odds are high there is some kind of season (you rarely go broke betting on greed). I am concerned that Levi's situation is unresolved and with the layoffs and hundreds of unresolved waiver apps pending, there is an increased risk that it won't be resolved before the season starts

Reactions: SpiderRAM

TAEKWONDO

Top Member
Insider
May 22, 2019
Talking about Levi's situation on be granted NCAA approval to play this coming year. VCU needs to get Levi approved by the NCAA to play. Rhode Island has already gotten approval for most of their transfers, at least 4, to play this year. Maybe our athletic director needs to contact RI's AD to find out the process they used to get their approvals.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
Nah, I still think odds are high there is some kind of season (you rarely go broke betting on greed). I am concerned that Levi's situation is unresolved and with the layoffs and hundreds of unresolved waiver apps pending, there is an increased risk that it won't be resolved before the season starts
I am concerned that everyone and their dog seems to be getting a darn waiver except us

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I am so happy that Mooney got a two year contract extension.
Wish it was for another 10! He’s 7-19 against us I believe. Must not teach math at Princeton. Believe he’s lost at least 2 games because he called a timeout he didn’t have and had 6 men on the court in another😄Go Piders!😀

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2013
gonna be a disappointing schedule is my prediction - wish they would put full court press on to play a completely in state OOC schedule for this year to try and get UVA and Tech as opponents, as well as our game at ODU - not sure we need to spend a lot of money for buy games against teams no better than Liberty, W&M or NSU, JMU and Radford - (throw our fellow in state schools a bone this year) or spend lots of money traveling in charter planes in a year we are taking big financial hit
I am like others and believe the basketball P6 + AAC will be the only conferences that get more than 2 teams in Tourney - (a10 is next conference likely to get 3 bids if I drilled down to the 8th likely best conference
we are a really young team so no need to over-schedule early in search of a dream that it will make a difference in our NET enough to get at large bid
run the table OOC and finish 14-4 in conference is the best resume to get an at-large IMHO
go rams (yeah my rose colored John Lennon glasses are on!!!)