20-21 Opponent Tracking

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I’m not particularly familiar with lacrosse. But isn’t it a predominantly Northeast sport? Doesn’t that explained the UR affection for the sport since that’s where the majority of URichmond(what a joke) students/affection for it comes?

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
I’m not particularly familiar with lacrosse. But isn’t it a predominantly Northeast sport? Doesn’t that explained the UR affection for the sport since that’s where the majority of URichmond(what a joke) students/affection for it comes?
A few hotbeds, including the Northeast, upstate NY, and Baltimore. Lacrosse is becoming more popular, though. Any game where you hit your opponent upside the head with a stick has a universal appeal. 😁 Used to be only the ACC played big time lacrosse, but now the B10 plays it, too. I don't think the SEC has really picked it up yet. My alma mater is a B10 associate member now, just for lacrosse.

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
A few hotbeds, including the Northeast, upstate NY, and Baltimore. Lacrosse is becoming more popular, though. Any game where you hit your opponent upside the head with a stick has a universal appeal. 😁 Used to be only the ACC played big time lacrosse, but now the B10 plays it, too. I don't think the SEC has really picked it up yet. My alma mater is a B10 associate member now, just for lacrosse.
Our local high school in Hanover County has enough lacrosse players for a varsity and JV team. In fact, there are more kids playing lacrosse than soccer.

Reactions: Ululating Daddy

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Our local high school in Hanover County has enough lacrosse players for a varsity and JV team. In fact, there are more kids playing lacrosse than soccer.
Lacrosse is really enjoying a surge of popularity right now. It doesn’t pull in crowds except at the larger schools but more kids are interested in playing it these days. It’s not the stereotypical high-class sport it used to be.

Reactions: Ululating Daddy
Jan 16, 2020
Almost all the high schools in Chesterfield and Henrico have JV and varsity lacrosse for boys and girls. On the boys' side, it has become a popular alternative to football - generally the kids who wouldn't be starters on the gridrion. The sport is overwhelmingly white. On girls side, lax competes with soccer and field hockey for players - virtually same demographics for all three sports.

GarseIronjade

Top Member
Nov 16, 2016
This is the third post in the "Golden is coming back" thread over at SpiderNation.com. They really are worried more about us than anything else, aren't they?

View attachment 9427

They have to finish the business of not appearing in the NCAA tournament throughout their NCAA careers, like TJ did?

It's become a Chris Mooney Tradition!

So let's get a pre-emptive list of Tick Excuses when they finish 8th again next year:

1) Academic Standards
2) VCU fans are mean
3) Covid Hangover
4) Loss of focus after that deep NIT run last year.
5) Disrespected by national media
6) Bad Calls
7) Did I mention Academic Standards?

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
all of their underclassmen should transfer out unless they are content watching from the bench as the fUR "best class of all time™" takes up all the minutes and fails spectacularly once again while doing it.