20-21 Opponent Tracking

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
I'm still confused by the decision to move the season back two weeks. If anything, they should have moved it up by a week or two and allowed greater scheduling flexibility between games.

Reactions: LQuarles

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Push the whole thing back til mid-January.
Yeah, this isn't a good look. (Of course, Rothstein is also like "over 90% of D-I college basketball programs are up and running".)

This, plus some teams withdrawing from MTEs (Texas A&M just withdrew from the event in South Dakota, the COVID capital of the world). I'm not sure I'd be opposed to pushing everything back.

Reactions: BracketForecast

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Oh, also, I've see a lot of speculation and conversation about the NCAA tournament, but I'm putting my money on that the tournament stays at 64, but the auto bid is given to the regular season champion this year and the conference tournaments get axed. If the NCAA is going to bubble the tournament, it would be nonsensical to have the tournament teams to be playing every other team in the nation the week or so before the bubble.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Which, honestly, is an absolute tragedy because Dayton was a Final Four contender before COVID wiped everything out.
Unless I am really holding a grudge for something that happened I tend to cheer for most conference teams in the non-conference and postseason. I was really looking forward to seeing Dayton in the NCAA tournament once it became apparent that we likely would not be playing beyond the A10 tournament.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Unless I am really holding a grudge for something that happened I tend to cheer for most conference teams in the non-conference and postseason. I was really looking forward to seeing Dayton in the NCAA tournament once it became apparent that we likely would not be playing beyond the A10 tournament.
The way Grant is recruiting you will get plenty of chances

Reactions: 2012Ram