20-21 Opponent Tracking

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I am watching Duquesne/Little Rock on ESPN3. Little Rock is giving them fits and leads by four at the half.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
This is getting down to nail biting time for Duquesne. Little Rock is still taking it to them. They are not a bad Sun Belt team but Duquesne should not be getting manhandled by them. 69-60 with 3:40 to go. Little Rock has a skyscraper at center and another big man that are killing them along with a solid guard.

Welp, no nail biter. Little Rock pretty much dominated them all game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DisplacedRam

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
This is getting down to nail biting time for Duquesne. Little Rock is still taking it to them. They are not a bad Sun Belt team but Duquesne should not be getting manhandled by them. 69-60 with 3:40 to go. Little Rock has a skyscraper at center and another big man that are killing them along with a solid guard for Little Rock.

Welp, no nail biter. Little Rock pretty much dominated them all game.
Tell me why the A10 coaches (or their SIDs) get it SO WRONG every year? Seriously, it's like they have no idea who plays in the league

Reactions: IstanbulRam

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Tell me why the A10 coaches (or their SIDs) get it SO WRONG every year? Seriously, it's like they have no idea who plays in the league
Never thought I would be watching Little Rock but I have to admit that they were kind of impressive. They have to be one of the favorites in the Sun Belt.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
First there are programs, coaches, or kids they done like. Second, you are correct, they really dont spend a lot of time thinking about who is better than whom. They do look at match ups. Just not top to bottom like say some pundits would.

Let's be clear if you ask anyone in July or August if they thought VCU would look this good after our 9 game slide, in a Covid-19 environment, with many new faces, most would agree that 9 seems about right at the time.

While I expected some teams to get some long awaited revenge on us, similar to how we now pound SLU( that could change this year). I didnt expect us to be the 9 seed. 6 or 7 but not 9.

Now I am thinking 4-5 with an opportunity to make a run in the tournament, if all things hold up.

Fwiw, I think this tournament performance was VCU's best ever. I think the FF team was better and beat better teams. However, they were supposed to be good. No one expected anything out of these guys and they looked pretty darned good for a new team on a program coming off of a chaotic. year, during chaotic circumstances.

So long story short, they just arent very good at this sort of thing.

SwiftyClown

Top Member
Nov 19, 2011
This is driving me crazy. Who was the UR player from Henrico that transferred a couple years ago?

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
First there are programs, coaches, or kids they done like. Second, you are correct, they really dont spend a lot of time thinking about who is better than whom. They do look at match ups. Just not top to bottom like say some pundits would.

Let's be clear if you ask anyone in July or August if they thought VCU would look this good after our 9 game slide, in a Covid-19 environment, with many new faces, most would agree that 9 seems about right at the time.

While I expected some teams to get some long awaited revenge on us, similar to how we now pound SLU( that could change this year). I didnt expect us to be the 9 seed. 6 or 7 but not 9.

Now I am thinking 4-5 with an opportunity to make a run in the tournament, if all things hold up.

Fwiw, I think this tournament performance was VCU's best ever. I think the FF team was better and beat better teams. However, they were supposed to be good. No one expected anything out of these guys and they looked pretty darned good for a new team on a program coming off of a chaotic. year, during chaotic circumstances.

So long story short, they just arent very good at this sort of thing.
I read the last sentence and agree.

Reactions: Newboy