2018-19 Season

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Where do you live? If you're near DC... we play @ GW Wednesday night.
Eastern Shore of Maryland, but I was in Chesapeake helping take care of a sick aunt Wednesday. Argh! Was not a good game it looks like.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Nice win today rebounding from the loss to GW and with Reed out. Know anything about her injury? They didn't say much about what it was or how serious it is.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Nice win today rebounding from the loss to GW and with Reed out. Know anything about her injury? They didn't say much about what it was or how serious it is.

I asked one of the coaches before the game.... I think they said it was a groin injury.... but it wasn't too serious they think. They held her out yesterday as a precaution. Fortunately this SLU team was not as good as the ones in years past, so we didn't need her yesterday.

Dr.B

Elite Member
I really enjoy the way Coach O'Boyle and the lady rams spend time with kids in the community. Yesterday they lead a camp for students in elementary and middle school in the areas of basketball, field hockey, tennis, and volleyball. The guys to some extent are doing this too, but I think many of us miss what our lady rams are doing because they don't get as much exposure. Big props to them!

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I really enjoy the way Coach O'Boyle and the lady rams spend time with kids in the community. Yesterday they lead a camp for students in elementary and middle school in the areas of basketball, field hockey, tennis, and volleyball. The guys to some extent are doing this too, but I think many of us miss what our lady rams are doing because they don't get as much exposure. Big props to them!
I have seen some videos posted in the past, good to hear about recent events. We are fortunate to have these young women representing VCU so well on and off the court.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I asked one of the coaches before the game.... I think they said it was a groin injury.... but it wasn't too serious they think. They held her out yesterday as a precaution. Fortunately this SLU team was not as good as the ones in years past, so we didn't need her yesterday.
I know SLU is young and not as good as past years maybe, but they have been playing really well the past few games (beating Dayton for example). That freshman point guard is going to be a pain in the butt for A10 foes for a while now too. I think this is a good win for us to get without our leading scorer and Tara has been playing some really good D too. Good to see a few players get some more minutes and play well too.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I know SLU is young and not as good as past years maybe, but they have been playing really well the past few games (beating Dayton for example). That freshman point guard is going to be a pain in the butt for A10 foes for a while now too. I think this is a good win for us to get without our leading scorer and Tara has been playing some really good D too. Good to see a few players get some more minutes and play well too.

The one thing I took away from this game was that... we saw that Coach had a game plan incase we were without her. Hopefully she's good to go for UMass on Wednesday... but I'd rather be safe than sorry... cause we will need her for Duquesne & Davidson especially.

Regardless... I like where we are right now. Just gotta keep fighting.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member

Yeah they do it just as much as the guys do.... but like you said they don't get the exposure that the men do.