2018-2019 Roster Updated

GRID

Insider
I guess I missed the news when Del Sparks left the team

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
@GRID @iLove VCU @Ramlove81 @bballfanatic91

So just got back from WBB practice.....

Heard that the secret scrimmage with Howard went fairly well (even though VCU lost).... heard it was a 5-10 point game.... Apparently Howard has a lot of shooters.

So as for practice today.... got there a little after practice had started..... when I got there Olga was on the court practicing, however shortly there after she was not actively on the court practicing anymore. She spent most of the rest of practice on the bike, or doing little exercises here & there.

Jailyn & "KK " Tassin were there but they too spent the entire practice on the bikes or doing little stretches here & there. Towards the end Jailyn was shooting a basketball on the side... but that's about it.

Not sure what the status are on those 3. If it's anything serious, just precautions or what not.

Also former WBB player Adaeze Alaeze was there practicing & apparently has been since she returned from overseas to go back to school.

As far as the rest of the team goes.... we looked pretty solid. We have quite a bit of height. Like what I saw out of Lauryn.... she should definitely help down low in the paint.

Should be interesting to see how the team plays in a live game in 1.5 weeks.

GRID

Insider
@GRID @iLove VCU @Ramlove81 @bballfanatic91

So just got back from WBB practice.....

Heard that the secret scrimmage with Howard went fairly well (even though VCU lost).... heard it was a 5-10 point game.... Apparently Howard has a lot of shooters.

So as for practice today.... got there a little after practice had started..... when I got there Olga was on the court practicing, however shortly there after she was not actively on the court practicing anymore. She spent most of the rest of practice on the bike, or doing little exercises here & there.

Jailyn & "KK " Tassin were there but they too spent the entire practice on the bikes or doing little stretches here & there. Towards the end Jailyn was shooting a basketball on the side... but that's about it.

Not sure what the status are on those 3. If it's anything serious, just precautions or what not.

Also former WBB player Adaeze Alaeze was there practicing & apparently has been since she returned from overseas to go back to school.

As far as the rest of the team goes.... we looked pretty solid. We have quite a bit of height. Like what I saw out of Lauryn.... she should definitely help down low in the paint.

Should be interesting to see how the team plays in a live game in 1.5 weeks.
Good news to hear.
How did Madison Hattix-Covington look aypractice and what's the word on how she did during the scrimmage? We didn't see here in live action at all last year.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Good news to hear.
How did Madison Hattix-Covington look aypractice and what's the word on how she did during the scrimmage? We didn't see here in live action at all last year.

Looks about as good as you can practicing against your own teammates & the practice squad (I'm assuming they are guys that play all the time in Cary St. or something..... though Adaeze Alaeze was on the practice squad going up against this years team..... there was also a guy in there that one of the managers said was on the Mens team but I didn't get his name & supposedly he had MBB gear... but I didn't recognize the guy either.... he's from russia & was supposedly on the team 2 years ago.).... So take that for what you will.

Madison didn't seemed hobbled or anything though. Seemed to be moving fine.

Really wish our WBB opener at W&M wasn't the same night as the MBB opener.

Had another closed scrimmage, this time against High Point and from what I've been hearing this showing was even better than the scrimmage against Howard and much better than when we scrimmaged High Point last year. Said to have won by about 10 points +/-.

Seems like we're in much better place coming into the season this year than last season ( as expected with a year under their belt). But I believe we can expect much more competitive games.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Had another closed scrimmage, this time against High Point and from what I've been hearing this showing was even better than the scrimmage against Howard and much better than when we scrimmaged High Point last year. Said to have won by about 10 points +/-.

Seems like we're in much better place coming into the season this year than last season ( as expected with a year under their belt). But I believe we can expect much more competitive games.

Nice! That's really good news to hear. Any idea what injuries may be plaguing Jailyn, KK & Olga?

GRID

Insider

Bria Gibson just transferred to High Point last year. I bet it was cool for her to see her old teammates.