2019-2020 Opponent Tracking

Nov 10, 2012
My only thing with Dayton is yes they are playing like a top 25 team. However they beat two teams that are not receiving votes. Dayton was receiving one vote in the AP poll going into the Maui invitational. Has a team ever gone from receiving one vote to getting into the top 25 when beating teams that are receiving no votes? And yes they played Kansas very well but at the end of the day they loss. I’m not saying Dayton isn’t a top 25 team, just looking at things from a logistics standpoint. Some of their fans are saying they should be ranked next week and maybe they will be.

Reactions: RamLover

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
My only thing with Dayton is yes they are playing like a top 25 team. However they beat two teams that are not receiving votes. Dayton was receiving one vote in the AP poll going into the Maui invitational. Has a team ever gone from receiving one vote to getting into the top 25 when beating teams that are receiving no votes? And yes they played Kansas very well but at the end of the day they loss. I’m not saying Dayton isn’t a top 25 team, just looking at things from a logistics standpoint. Some of their fans are saying they should be ranked next week and maybe they will be.
Did you watch Georgia/Chaminade? Georgia had to make a long 3 to win. Tech is ahead of BYU by 2 at the half.

Reactions: vcubballfan10
Jan 17, 2010
Did you watch Georgia/Chaminade? Georgia had to make a long 3 to win. Tech is ahead of BYU by 2 at the half.
I am all about getting another top 25 team in the rankings but to say Dayton was a top 25 or outright top 20 team just for beating two middle of the pack at best power five teams was laughable. The A10 guy was saying they'd be top 5 if they beat Kansas was equally as outrageous, no way were they jumping 30 teams to get there.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I am all about getting another top 25 team in the rankings but to say Dayton was a top 25 or outright top 20 team just for beating two middle of the pack at best power five teams was laughable. The A10 guy was saying they'd be top 5 if they beat Kansas was equally as outrageous, no way were they jumping 30 teams to get there.
I would have to check but I do not think Georgia or Tech had any votes for the top 25. BYU is now up 17 against Tech.

zackry93

Top Member
Insider
Mar 14, 2016
I would have to check but I do not think Georgia or Tech had any votes for the top 25. BYU is now up 17 against Tech.
Neither received votes and the people voting for VT better be voting for Evansville and SFA because their win is no better

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
WE’VE GOT FOOTBALL!
1574944382138.jpeg
4. Old The Minions (1-10)
Meanwhile, Ode De Yew... wait, sorry, ODU, caught Middle Tennessee at the wrong time, eager to take out its frustrations after its Week 11 upset at the hands of Rice. Now the Monarchs travel to Charlotte, North Carolina, aka the Queen City, to face the suddenly bowl-eligible 49ers. That doesn't seem fair. Aren't the 49ers leading the NFC West?

You can’t buy this kind of publicity, except at the expense of your high profile basketball prog