2019-2020 Opponent Tracking

Dec 16, 2013
A buy game at Gonzaga or any Pac 12 school is not at the top of my scheduling wish list.
fully understand the sentiment - I used those two primarily because those were two teams mentioned early on in this thread - I would prefer East Coast or south teams if the menu was wide open (so to speak)
But no downside in playing Gonzaga - having a shot against a perennial top 5 team no matter where we play is great (especially with all our players returning, except Sean and Zags likely losing 2-3 NBA draftees)

Last edited:

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009
Any chance the Rams would ever have enough in the budget to take an early season west coast trip? Something like: Gonzaga, Washington, Oregon, UCLA, and maybe Arizona? I think it would be great exposure and a fun trip for the players. Plan something like this rather than a holiday tournament.
Holiday tournaments like the Bahamas and Maui actually allow the players a better experience because they actually get to enjoy the location a little bit. Normal road games don't offer the players much exposure to the location in which we play. The schedule just doesn't allow for much other than prep and play.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Holiday tournaments like the Bahamas and Maui actually allow the players a better experience because they actually get to enjoy the location a little bit. Normal road games don't offer the players much exposure to the location in which we play. The schedule just doesn't allow for much other than prep and play.
So they have been to Olen NY, but never really got to experience it?

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
That sounds like a times dispatch Facebook page comment. I think with dominion, Altria and Vcu all behind it there is a real possibility it gets done in the next 3 to 5 years.
Let's not forget the City of Richmond has to approve it, and it seems to have hit a brick wall the last 6 months. Just like the new baseball stadium did when Rebbke (sp) floated a private development plan to replace the Diamond. The ONLY way the new baseball stadium will be built is because it will be built on State property by VCU and the Flying Squirrels with the City of Richmond sitting on the sidelines, other than approving permits for property they don't control.

May 4, 2012
Let's not forget the City of Richmond has to approve it, and it seems to have hit a brick wall the last 6 months. Just like the new baseball stadium did when Rebbke (sp) floated a private development plan to replace the Diamond. The ONLY way the new baseball stadium will be built is because it will be built on State property by VCU and the Flying Squirrels with the City of Richmond sitting on the sidelines, other than approving permits for property they don't control.
True but I doubt the Squirrels have the cash. The Big Braves wouldn't pony up the cash and they came a lot closer to having some.
But the City of Richmond needs to cut out of this for it to have any chance of working.
Get the guy who made the Redskins deal work to make it happen. He knows his poope from shinola. (I happen to know him.)

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
Isn't that sort of a rule? If you are at Fordham and you make the A-10 all-freshman team, then you must transfer. I believe that is in the A-10 bylaws. ;)
Can we replace Fordham with the college of knowledge in Charleston? Please Bernadette?!

Reactions: dbt