2019-2020 Opponent Tracking

VCU94MCV98

Top Member
Mar 27, 2011
They're not great examples, though. Georgetown isn't hopping up and down to play anybody, at least not so far under Patrick Ewing. Maybe that changes next season, but the OOC in his first two seasons has been weak as heck, outside the Syracuse game. Plus they and Virginia Tech tend to be pretty provencal about their OOC anyway
What a coincidence....I think that is where we are projected to play our first round game next year. 🇫🇷

Map of Provence

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Is that your assessment, duncanlamb?
That is alot people's assessment...he was part of the imhotep charter's starting 5 that one 3 straight city championships...he always took the opponent's best offensive player!!!!

A tean that included dhamor bishop, donta scott and seth lundy!!

He completely shut down mehki long in the uaa finals last year...

Reactions: MobileMunchies

sjhawk13

Top Member
Feb 6, 2014
You should be happy. Everybody knows that DL is the Mel Kiper of college basketball.
As long as he's not Charlie Casserly.
That is alot people's assessment...he was part of the imhotep charter's starting 5 that one 3 straight city championships...he always took the opponent's best offensive player!!!!

A tean that included dhamor bishop, donta scott and seth lundy!!

He completely shut down mehki long in the uaa finals last year...
I had forgotten some of this. He reminds me of Aaron Brown in that way. Took no ish!

Keep in mind with a new staff and lots of holes to fill, not everyone that is there this fall will graduate from there
Yes, that's true. As long as we don't wantonly push guys out on a whim like Dambrot, I'm cool with it for sure.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
As long as he's not Charlie Casserly.

I had forgotten some of this. He reminds me of Aaron Brown in that way. Took no ish!

Yes, that's true. As long as we don't wantonly push guys out on a whim like Dambrot, I'm cool with it for sure.
Did you read this?

"I honestly believe that if Jamion Christian got a job anywhere in the country, he would have continued to recruit my son, which means a lot to me and my family but most importantly to Jameer," said Jameer Nelson Sr., the former NBA All-Star and the all-time leading scorer at St. Joseph’s University."

sjhawk13

Top Member
Feb 6, 2014
Did you read this?

"I honestly believe that if Jamion Christian got a job anywhere in the country, he would have continued to recruit my son, which means a lot to me and my family but most importantly to Jameer," said Jameer Nelson Sr., the former NBA All-Star and the all-time leading scorer at St. Joseph’s University."
Yes, I did. I think all parties are moving forward with few entanglements between each other, whether by choice or otherwise.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Dambrot is cleaning up a cesspool that should have been cleaned up a long time ago. You may not like his approach, but he is making Duquesne very competitive in the A10. When was the last time Duquesne was as competitive as they are now? Dambrot was successful at Akron and will also be successful at Duquesne.

sjhawk13

Top Member
Feb 6, 2014
Dambrot is cleaning up a cesspool that should have been cleaned up a long time ago. You may not like his approach, but he is making Duquesne very competitive in the A10. When was the last time Duquesne was as competitive as they are now? Dambrot was successful at Akron and will also be successful at Duquesne.
He gave scholarships to players and then pushed them out a year later. That blows. Do better. He doesn't deserve to succeed operating like that. They weren't players from the previous coach. They were HIS guys.

Reactions: AlienAiden

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
He gave scholarships to players and then pushed them out a year later. That blows. Do better. He doesn't deserve to succeed operating like that. They weren't players from the previous coach. They were HIS guys.
And he had a ton of slots to fill. Just like St. Joe's does now. Are you also saying if the recruits that St. Joe's signs now don't work out, you want St. Joe's to carry them for 4 years at the expense of St. Joe's being competitive in the A10? When you have that many scholarships to fill, you end up taking some "bodies" to fill the roster. That doesn't mean they are good fits for the team long term. It's a two sided business. If you don't believe that, then just take a look at the transfer portal and the number of players in it. Most by their choice.

sjhawk13

Top Member
Feb 6, 2014
And he had a ton of slots to fill. Just like St. Joe's does now. Are you also saying if the recruits that St. Joe's signs now don't work out, you want St. Joe's to carry them for 4 years at the expense of St. Joe's being competitive in the A10? When you have that many scholarships to fill, you end up taking some "bodies" to fill the roster. That doesn't mean they are good fits for the team long term. It's a two sided business. If you don't believe that, then just take a look at the transfer portal and the number of players in it. Most by their choice.
I want coaches to be held to account for their recruiting.

Reactions: Major Ram 2.0