2019-2020 Opponent Tracking

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Yikes. That would give us a Q1 record of 2-6, and the game at Saint Louis is currently just barely Q1 (their current NET is 74).

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Good God our only Q1 win could fall of the board and you guys are arguing about someone else's coach leaving. Who cares?
hey if I wanted to be showered with smug lectures, i’d go to our other leading bracketologist GuardtheArc’s thread. Besides, this is the opponents thread so if the topic pertains to an opponent it should be fair game—you already have your bracketology thread to stoke the flames of angst around here.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
hey if I wanted to be showered with smug lectures, i’d go to our other leading bracketologist GuardtheArc’s thread. Besides, this is the opponents thread so if the topic pertains to an opponent it should be fair game—you already have your bracketology thread to stoke the flames of angst around here.
lol sorry I was just grumpy. This season is making me crazy.

Feb 14, 2011
lol sorry I was just grumpy. This season is making me crazy.
When I pretty much stopped following the bracketology circus about 5 years ago. I started enjoying the games so much more. Sure watching the "numbers" can be a fun hobby but at the end of the day, the ONLY thing that matters is winning the next game. I follow some just help me decide who to "pull for". This year I'm a huge LSU fan and hope URI wins every game remaining. I can't remember if it was coach JC or AG but one of them, when asked about following I think Jerry Palm regarding seeding, it was a quick "why would I, speculation does nothing to help us" (Something like that)

Instead of being grumpy in January and February, I wait until early March to be grumpy.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
When I pretty much stopped following the bracketology circus about 5 years ago. I started enjoying the games so much more. Sure watching the "numbers" can be a fun hobby but at the end of the day, the ONLY thing that matters is winning the next game. I follow some just help me decide who to "pull for". This year I'm a huge LSU fan and hope URI wins every game remaining. I can't remember if it was coach JC or AG but one of them, when asked about following I think Jerry Palm regarding seeding, it was a quick "why would I, speculation does nothing to help us" (Something like that)

Instead of being grumpy in January and February, I wait until early March to be grumpy.
I respect this philosophy on viewing college basketball.

This is directed at all college basketball fans, not just VCU fans --- One thing that drives me nuts is when I have friends that will say, "_______ team is in the Last Four Out" or "________ team is in the Last Four In" as the season goes on. News flash, bracketologists do a good job of projections, but they are not the letter of the law. This is not the CFP rankings where if you are ranked 5th on November 15th, you MUST pass one team ahead of you to get in the playoff. The selection committee is who selects and seeds the field and it ALWAYS has a few differences from what the main stream bracketologists Lunardi and Palm project. The issue is that too many of us (myself included) are addicted to what Lunardi, Palm, and others project for the final 6 weeks of the season.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
KenPom predictions aren’t infallible; no one’s are infallible. I pay absolutely no attention to his predictions. He’s got great statistical analysis, but that doesn’t mean his predictions are always right. I’d be willing to bet that he had Duke crushing SFA and Kentucky crushing Evansville this season.
I get your point however what makes me very worried about the post season chances is that he predicts there will be a bunch of close 1 possession games and the predicted 12-6 conference record. Who knows, VCU can win all those predicted 1 possession games but I don’t think that is the most likely scenario.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
No way. Never. Word on the street is that he is virtually a "father figure" to many players on the team. He is full of "appreciation" and practices "mindfulness". His wife is also a shoo-in for Dayton Christmas Mother 2020.
🤔

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
In conference opponent.

Goo a lot. Rams a little. It's gonna take two wins in the next two games to get us in now and I see nothing that gives me hope that either one will be a win.

Not an opponent, but Heels lost big to Wake. This has to be one of their worst seasons in recent history.
We are in the same burning boat throwing lines to them.