2019-2020 Opponent Tracking

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
All good ideas. Any east coast program that is willing to invest in their men's bball program would be a step up from Fordham.

Cyniclone

Top Member
Jan 30, 2013
Fordham won't ever get kicked out. If they want to stay, they'll stay. There's more to the A-10, or any athletic conference, than men's basketball. And while fans may not care, ADs and presidents absolutely do.

That said, if the office were to try to convince Fordham that their athletic fortunes would be enhanced with a move to another conference, I wouldn't be adverse. The CAA would be a fair landing spot and give them an upgrade in football to boot, though I'm sure Hofstra would throw another temper tantrum like they did when Stony Brook was in the mix.

Reactions: vcu70

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Fordham won't ever get kicked out. If they want to stay, they'll stay. There's more to the A-10, or any athletic conference, than men's basketball. And while fans may not care, ADs and presidents absolutely do.

That said, if the office were to try to convince Fordham that their athletic fortunes would be enhanced with a move to another conference, I wouldn't be adverse. The CAA would be a fair landing spot and give them an upgrade in football to boot, though I'm sure Hofstra would throw another temper tantrum like they did when Stony Brook was in the mix.
Patriot league

May 4, 2012
All good ideas. Any east coast program that is willing to invest in their men's bball program would be a step up from Fordham.
Longwood came off their best season ever and announced a new gym to be built. Still only 2500-3000 but better than the middle school gym they have now. /joke

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
True but I doubt the Squirrels have the cash. The Big Braves wouldn't pony up the cash and they came a lot closer to having some.
But the City of Richmond needs to cut out of this for it to have any chance of working.
Get the guy who made the Redskins deal work to make it happen. He knows his poope from shinola. (I happen to know him.)
And who actually benefitted from that deal? (serious question)

May 4, 2012
And who actually benefitted from that deal? (serious question)
Redskin fans
The area (hotels, restaurants, etc)
Bon Secours
Contractors, lawyers, off duty cops and the ret of the peripherals
The usual suspects.

May 4, 2012
Yeah, I editEd my post.
Id like a deal to get done but hopefully (and I know you can’t please all the people all of the time) it’s one that tastes better.
you had a problem with the Redskins deal ? curious as to why if so.