2019-2020 Opponent Tracking

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
I think sometimes it's not who you beat or if they are ranked but how the game ended. The finish to the UVA game was phenomenal. If they had won by 14, I don't think it would have happened. UVA football is poised to have a great year after decades of losing and those kids are feeling it. It was a big win, Fla St is never an easy win.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I think sometimes it's not who you beat or if they are ranked but how the game ended. The finish to the UVA game was phenomenal. If they had won by 14, I don't think it would have happened. UVA football is poised to have a great year after decades of losing and those kids are feeling it. It was a big win, Fla St is never an easy win.
Yes but that game really wasn't that spectacular of an ending. There was no walk off Home Run/Game Winning 3... or in football terms, there was no game winning Pick 6, or Santonio Holmes like TD catch.

Especially when some could argue that if it hadn't been for several penalties on FSU drives before that, UVA would've lost the game.... and then FSU almost forced OT because of several penalties from UVA that kept the Noles' final drive alive.

1. FSU was not ranked
  2. It's not a conference championship game
  3. It's not a College Football Playoff Game / Nat'l Championship game
  4. It wasn't even an upset (UVA was the favorite)
  5. FSU isn't even that good this year
We all laughed/criticized/made fun of Fur when they rushed the court against us years ago..... and they were a garbage team with a fluke win over us. And everyone was talking about When To & When Not to rush the court after that.

So why would it be any different for a Team that was Ranked & the Favorite in a regular season matchup, rushing the field against a team who was Unranked & the underdog in a regular season matchup?

Sorry not sorry. Heck it wasn't even like it was Virginia Tech, who UVA hasn't beaten tech since 2003 (lost 15 in a row coming into this year). Granted UVA doesn't play FSU every year... but now in their last 4 matchups (including last night), both teams are 2-2, and 3-3 in their last 6.

Reactions: rvaram

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I agree. Did not bother me but apparently it got on plenty of people's nerves. My twitter timeline was full of accounts making fun of them for rushing the field. I just thought it was a spur of the moment joy that took over their fans so they went with it.

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
Yes but that game really wasn't that spectacular of an ending. There was no walk off Home Run/Game Winning 3... or in football terms, there was no game winning Pick 6, or Santonio Holmes like TD catch.

Especially when some could argue that if it hadn't been for several penalties on FSU drives before that, UVA would've lost the game.... and then FSU almost forced OT because of several penalties from UVA that kept the Noles' final drive alive.

1. FSU was not ranked
  2. It's not a conference championship game
  3. It's not a College Football Playoff Game / Nat'l Championship game
  4. It wasn't even an upset (UVA was the favorite)
  5. FSU isn't even that good this year
We all laughed/criticized/made fun of Fur when they rushed the court against us years ago..... and they were a garbage team with a fluke win over us. And everyone was talking about When To & When Not to rush the court after that.

So why would it be any different for a Team that was Ranked & the Favorite in a regular season matchup, rushing the field against a team who was Unranked & the underdog in a regular season matchup?

Sorry not sorry. Heck it wasn't even like it was Virginia Tech, who UVA hasn't beaten tech since 2003 (lost 15 in a row coming into this year). Granted UVA doesn't play FSU every year... but now in their last 4 matchups (including last night), both teams are 2-2, and 3-3 in their last 6.
Is there a difference in your opinion of rushing the court and rushing the field?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Florida State lost at home to Boise State the week before. If you beat the top team in your conference (i.e Clemson) you can rush the field, otherwise, you look pretty stupid.
Actually, they beat Louisiana Monroe last week but I get your point :lol: If we are going to talk football we should at least mention the UR/Elon game :? Nobody rushed the field in that one. They filed out at halftime.

May 3, 2012
That seems low. Maybe uncertainty due to all their transfers? If they're 51 I expect to see us in the 30s.
Apparently, they, like Katz, don't know what they're doing. Lots of us could get on there, make the proper corrections and straighten things out for them.
I know we have jobs but we could do this part time and get it a lot better. I'm actually a bit serious. These guys are supposed to follow this stuff and all they do is follow P5 and then act like they know the rest of the field.
That's how you get the surprise 2011 NCAA bracket. These guys have retreated to that mindset.
Ok, I feel better now.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Apparently, they, like Katz, don't know what they're doing. Lots of us could get on there, make the proper corrections and straighten things out for them.
I know we have jobs but we could do this part time and get it a lot better. I'm actually a bit serious. These guys are supposed to follow this stuff and all they do is follow P5 and then act like they know the rest of the field.
That's how you get the surprise 2011 NCAA bracket. These guys have retreated to that mindset.
Ok, I feel better now.
Well, Joel the guy that does this 144 ranking does not have a good track record.