2019-2020 Opponent Tracking

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
Interesting graphic

Looks like our schedule is middling for a P-5.

Also, lol Fordham. But hey, can't complain. I'd rather beat a 20 win fordham fluff team than a 8 win, this is who we really are Fordham.
Fordham's NCSOS over the last 6 years is 335 and it looks like, somehow, incredibly, that average will be dropping even lower this year.

God, I fudgeing hate Fordham,

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
Holy cow, this is embarrassing. If they lose their first two games in Maui, they're looking at a 3rd game against Chaminade, which won't count. So this would be their non-conference schedule. If they were in 100% rebuild mode, I'd get it, but they have some decent talent on their roster. If they want to make the tournament, they better stay at 9 or fewer losses, because the selection committee will make an example out of them if they are anywhere near the bubble.

If they had decent talent, this might mean something.

As it is, it is better than the reverse...

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011

I think Richmond is going to make the NIT this year. Not out of the realm of possibility they're competing for an at-large.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012

You and that darn secret scrimmage. Have you gotten a tattoo of the score on your lower back yet?

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
You and that darn secret scrimmage. Have you gotten a tattoo of the score on your lower back yet?
No, the Box Score!

34-24 in rebounding, 18 assists, 8 turnovers, 9 players with 13-27 minutes.
59% from 2, 54% from 3, 83% from the line...

After the last 2 seasons that seems surreal.

Does VT have 7 freshmen in their 10 man rotation?

And I did wait until you guys were discussing VT...

Reactions: DNB
May 3, 2012
No, the Box Score!

34-24 in rebounding, 18 assists, 8 turnovers, 9 players with 13-27 minutes.
59% from 2, 54% from 3, 83% from the line...

After the last 2 seasons that seems surreal.

Does VT have 7 freshmen in their 10 man rotation?

And I did wait until you guys were discussing VT...
We kid you a lot and you're a good sport about it. I got no problem with UR being decent this year. I'm sure vt has never seen an offense like that and, if you're not ready for it, you are going to lose big.
The only problem I see for UR is its usual problem - depth.
I only want UR to lose 2, maybe 3 games this year.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I think Richmond is going to make the NIT this year. Not out of the realm of possibility they're competing for an at-large.
Barring injuries, UR will be a top half of the league team this season. Their first 5 are really good and can score, plus they have a lot of experience. If they defend at all, I think they can challenge for a double bye in the A-10 Tournament.

No one dislikes UR any more than I do, but that’s how I see it objectively.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Holy cow, this is embarrassing. If they lose their first two games in Maui, they're looking at a 3rd game against Chaminade, which won't count. So this would be their non-conference schedule. If they were in 100% rebuild mode, I'd get it, but they have some decent talent on their roster. If they want to make the tournament, they better stay at 9 or fewer losses, because the selection committee will make an example out of them if they are anywhere near the bubble.

The OOC means almost nothing to the ACC now. It is one of the reasons they went to 20 conference games. Last year Miami lost 18 games and had a Net of 92 Pitt and ND lost 19 games and were top 125 Net. P5 OOC scedules will look more and more like this as they increase conference games, a challenge against another P5 conference and preseason tournaments.

Reactions: mrgeode and SWV
Jan 29, 2019
The OOC means almost nothing to the ACC now. It is one of the reasons they went to 20 conference games. Last year Miami lost 18 games and had a Net of 92 Pitt and ND lost 19 games and were top 125 Net. P5 OOC scedules will look more and more like this as they increase conference games, a challenge against another P5 conference and preseason tournaments.
The NCAA made an example of NC State tho, when they were a possible at large team last year. If a P5 is middle of the pack in conference with 0 wins vs quality OOC and a very weak OOC schedule, they are asking to be left out of the tourney.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
The selection committee still very much cares about non-con SOS.