Recruiting 2019 3* C John Bol Ajak Will Officially Visit VCU

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Along with every other D1 staff in the country!

No. Only uconn and xavier had their entire staff (HC and assistants) there. I have a feelING that we spread our selves to thin. I see tweets involving our targets where uconn, louisville, uri, syracuse and pitt are observed (4 deep).

If we prioritoze someone, our entire staff should rep as a demonstration of commitment. I think that played a part in the case of bouknight, dahmir bishop and church.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
If we prioritoze someone, our entire staff should rep as a demonstration of commitment. I think that played a part in the case of bouknight, dahmir bishop and church.
First off, I disagree. But even if I didn't, there is a risk reward factor to consider. Putting all of your eggs in one basket is seldom a good strategy. I am sure the other coaches were not sitting in the BDC playing Fortnite or something which means they were working other recruits or taking care of other basketball related business

Bouknight was never coming to VCU
dahmir bishop was never coming to VCU
James "Church" Bishop should have come to VCU but that one is not on the staff. WW is good and they sold him on what he wanted to hear. (no sour grapes but I am willing to wager that he doesn't finish his playing career at LSU)

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
First off, I disagree. But even if I didn't, there is a risk reward factor to consider. Putting all of your eggs in one basket is seldom a good strategy. I am sure the other coaches were not sitting in the BDC playing Fortnite or something which means they were working other recruits or taking care of other basketball related business

Bouknight was never coming to VCU
dahmir bishop was never coming to VCU
James "Church" Bishop should have come to VCU but that one is not on the staff. WW is good and they sold him on what he wanted to hear. (no sour grapes but I am willing to wager that he doesn't finish his playing career at LSU)

I am not saying put all.your eggs in one basket. I am saying that if prospect is number 1 or 1a on your big board, sometimes you have show up in full force to demonstrate to those prospects that you need them.

Reading uconn show up 4 deep ...time after time visually for bouknight separated them from miamI aND indy.

If a target prospect consents to an in home visit. The head coach needs to show up, not just an assistant. Capel has shown up twice in person to see ant. He has also shown up twice in person to see wahab in the last week.

It makes a difference.

Reactions: Celticguy

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
No. Only uconn and xavier had their entire staff (HC and assistants) there. I have a feelING that we spread our selves to thin. I see tweets involving our targets where uconn, louisville, uri, syracuse and pitt are observed (4 deep).

C’mon DL, everybody knows the real reason we missed on Bouknight is because his name couldn’t even be spelled correctly in the title of his own thread :lol:

Reactions: duncanlamb

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
I am not saying put all.your eggs in one basket. I am saying that if prospect is number 1 or 1a on your big board, sometimes you have show up in full force to demonstrate to those prospects that you need them.

Reading uconn show up 4 deep ...time after time visually for bouknight separated them from miamI aND indy.

If a target prospect consents to an in home visit. The head coach needs to show up, not just an assistant. Capel has shown up twice in person to see ant. He has also shown up twice in person to see wahab in the last week.

It makes a difference.
Just because our full staff wasn’t there on a day a picture was taken and posted on twitter doesn’t mean they’re not doing it. We could’ve been 3 deep visiting another recruit at the time.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Just because our full staff wasn’t there on a day a picture was taken and posted on twitter doesn’t mean they’re not doing it. We could’ve been 3 deep visiting another recruit at the time.

true. I appreciate the sanity check.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009

It makes a difference.
1.There are times the staff has been to see a player with the full complement of coaches.
2. A fanbase number one target may not be the staffs number one target.
3. This staff has proven more than most previous ones that they do a lot of things that are not made known to the public

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
so that's why we haven't landed anybody yet...the staff doesn't know what they are doing....that explains it.
thanks DL
;)