Recruiting 2019 3* G Jarren McAllister has committed to VCU

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
McAllister transferred from Heritage HS in Wake Forest, NC to Massanutten. He originally signed with VA Tech, but didn't enroll after the assistant coach from VA Tech that recruited him left Tech. My son saw him play numerous times at Heritage. He's a 2 guard, very quick and likes to drive to the basket. His outside shooting could be better, but it's decent. He can really jump though.

FYI - He committed to Tech as a sophomore, so was pretty much off of the recruiting boards after that.

Reactions: RamStrut

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I don't know, man. Hard to see how this kid takes a second place to any of the guards we've been recruiting, based solely on that tape. Bishop was a shooter beyond compare, I suppose, and maybe Dahmir was as athletic, but this kid is a spectacular athlete. Like, eye-popping athlete.

Disappointed as I have been in our ability to close on guys, if McAllister and Dereon fall in our laps after "failing" at the other kids? I am not sure we would not have benefited by that failure.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
I don't know, man. Hard to see how this kid takes a second place to any of the guards we've been recruiting, based solely on that tape. Bishop was a shooter beyond compare, I suppose, and maybe Dahmir was as athletic, but this kid is a spectacular athlete. Like, eye-popping athlete.

Disappointed as I have been in our ability to close on guys, if McAllister and Dereon fall in our laps after "failing" at the other kids? I am not sure we would not have benefited by that failure.
It just goes to show how deep the talent pool is in the high school ranks....

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Even just getting one of them would be a success. Guys you can build around.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I've not yet been the slightest bit disappointed with recruiting, as I really do understand there are no guarantees in life, no work nor day is easy nor has it ever been, I know to not get my hopes up, and understand the difficulty of getting the right fit for a suit I really enjoy figuring out that is what was meant for me. It's the story of my life.

Who feels it knows it.

Reactions: ramRN12

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I've not yet been the slightest bit disappointed with recruiting, as I really do understand there are no guarantees in life, no work nor day is easy nor has it ever been, I know to not get my hopes up, and understand the difficulty of getting the right fit for a suit I really enjoy figuring out that is what was meant for me. It's the story of my life.

Who feels it knows it.
And how did you feel when recruits walked past you two years ago? Just asking. Where is the deal closer now?

Jan 18, 2014

Who feels it knows it.
LOL.....I am sorry. This was too funny.