Recruiting 2019 3* G Jarren McAllister has committed to VCU

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
Legit athlete. We haven't had a guard with his hops since......Willie Taylor?
You're definitely right about McAllister being a legit athlete. I'm very excited about this kid. In response to your question, we had one just last year. Since Taylor, I'd say we've had at least 3; Rob Brandenberg, Briante Weber and Johnny Williams. If Marcus Evans is ever able to return to 100% of his original explosiveness, he probably makes this list too.

P.S. Don't you dare forget about Reco McCarter and his explosive highlight tape dunks. Free Reco!

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
darn, what a ridiculous oversight by me. I'm an ignroamous! Bri definitely qualifies.
R4L...I would say RobB and Johnny are a couple notches below Bri for sure.
Honestly, I think all of their verticals were pretty similar with Bri’s being slightly higher than Rob or Johnny. I would put them maybe one notch below Bri at best. Both of them could jump out of the gym.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Just curious, how high was Tillman’s vertical? I remember reading he touched 12’6
He had a huge wing span plus he was about 4-5 inches taller than Bri, Rob, or Johnny.

Fwiw, Bri, Reco, and Willie were all more explosive than Johnny and Rob. Although Rob's vertical was probably only an inch or two less than Bri'. The difference between the first group and the second is how quickly they could reach their maximum vertical. Willie, Bri, and Reco could all get to their Apex quickly much nor quicker than the other two.

All great athletes and all great leapers.