Recruiting 2019 3* G Jarren McAllister has committed to VCU

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
There is definitely a history of tall PGs. They typically end up in the NBA. Off the top of my head there is Penny Hardaway, Kyle Anderson, Lonzo Ball, Magic Johnson, Shaun Livingston, Greivis Vasquez, Michael Carter-Williams, Oscar Robertson, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw and Ben Simmons
Certainly there are tall pgs just like there are 7foot players. I specifically used the last three year time frame but as you have gone back to the Big O and listed approximately 10 players, what percentage of point guards are taller than 6' 4"?
BTW, Ben Simmons did not play PG in high school or college and I am talking about college players.

Look, I hear what you are saying and I have no desire to get into a trivial back and forth about something that is not relevant to the statement I made. The 6"5 or better pg may be as rare as the 7 foot player. My point was that if such a player desires to attend VCU, I understand why people are suspicious of his abilities given the fact that they don't grow on trees as the saying goes.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Certainly there are tall pgs just like there are 7foot players. I specifically used the last three year time frame but as you have gone back to the Big O and listed approximately 10 players, what percentage of point guards are taller than 6' 4"?
BTW, Ben Simmons did not play PG in high school or college and I am talking about college players.

Look, I hear what you are saying and I have no desire to get into a trivial back and forth about something that is not relevant to the statement I made. The 6"5 or better pg may be as rare as the 7 foot player. My point was that if such a player desires to attend VCU, I understand why people are suspicious of his abilities given the fact that they don't grow on trees as the saying goes.

I also don't think Seabron has proven he can play point guard on a post graduate team or even at the D1 level yet. Just because he wants to, it doesn't mean he will be capable of successfully playing the point at the D1 level. When it comes to him being a PG, he's currently a project. Just like Malik Crowfield currently is at VCU.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
I also don't think Seabron has proven he can play point guard on a post graduate team or even at the D1 level yet. Just because he wants to, it doesn't mean he will be capable of successfully playing the point at the D1 level. When it comes to him being a PG, he's currently a project. Just like Malik Crowfield currently is at VCU.

Odds are he won't play point but he is a better handler than anyone on the current roster except for marcus evans and pj byrd.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
There is definitely a history of tall PGs. They typically end up in the NBA. Off the top of my head there is Penny Hardaway, Kyle Anderson, Lonzo Ball, Magic Johnson, Shaun Livingston, Greivis Vasquez, Michael Carter-Williams, Oscar Robertson, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw and Ben Simmons

Walt williams, Adrian branch and George gervin.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Odds are he won't play point but he is a better handler than anyone on the current roster except for marcus evans and pj byrd.

How can you even say that? The guy hasn't even enrolled in college or gone up against D1 basketball players in college. Do you really think he is a better ball handler right now than Malik Crowfield or Sean Mobley?

duncanlamb

Elite Member
How can you even say that? The guy hasn't even enrolled in college or gone up against D1 basketball players in college. Do you really think he is a better ball handler right now than Malik Crowfield or Sean Mobley?

Absolutely, crowfield(as of last year) has solid handles but not adroit enough to put it on the deck and get to the basket in traffic with either hand. Mobley has great passing skills but he is still a pick and pop big. He has to be fed the basketball.

if you look at the any game film on sebron, you can see his ability to do all the above, get the basket and one. His only 3 drawback are weight, strength and outside sbot.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
bsolutely, crowfield(as of last year) has solid handles but not adroit enough to put it on the deck and get to the basket in traffic with either hand.
Crowfield did exactly that in high school if you recall his highlight vids a few years ago when we first signed him. That he doesn't do it at the D1 level doesn't mean Seabron has better handles. It could mean they are playing different competition.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I have to say that I was kinda disappointed that I saw the commitment on facebook and not VRN. Actually, I was on VRN about 20 min early and nothing was said...got a drink and something to eat...came back and jumped on FB for a few and saw the commitment.....then immediately ran over to VRN and then saw it had also been posted....LOL.

Welcome aboard Jarren!

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I have to say that I was kinda disappointed that I saw the commitment on facebook and not VRN. Actually, I was on VRN about 20 min early and nothing was said...got a drink and something to eat...came back and jumped on FB for a few and saw the commitment.....then immediately ran over to VRN and then saw it had also been posted....LOL.

Welcome aboard Jarren!
I saw it on twitter and in some texts and I was not disappointed.

Thanks to the community of VCURN that share tweets and information regarding VCU basketball. The community supplied content is much appreciated.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I saw it on twitter and in some texts and I was not disappointed.

Thanks to the community of VCURN that share tweets and information regarding VCU basketball. The community supplied content is much appreciated.
I was only having fun. Most of my VCU info comes from VRN. I was just a bit startled that I saw it on FB first after coming over from VRN. The "disappointment" statement was mostly a joke......never disappointed in VRN.