Recruiting 2019 4* CG Tyson Etienne

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Putnam science and gould academy play each other. The staff has spent alot of time in Massachusetts over last 2 weeks. Maybe our recruiting class ends up being leveque and etienne. That would be great!
Throw in an Anthony Walker and it would be even better, but yes Leveque and Etienne would be great! Then get busy on 2020 with a lot of spots available and lots a great players available too. BTW Walker's just a little side trip over into New Hampshire, very convenient geographically.

Throw in an Anthony Walker and it would be even better, but yes Leveque and Etienne would be great! Then get busy on 2020 with a lot of spots available and lots a great players available too. BTW Walker's just a little side trip over into New Hampshire, very convenient geographically.
I don't feel as confident about Walker as I did a month ago. We're still totally in the mix, but as always I think he might have the power 5 fever.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I don't feel as confident about Walker as I did a month ago. We're still totally in the mix, but as always I think he might have the power 5 fever.
I am encouraged by his comments about visits he has had and visits to come. His remarks about VCU were very positive and some of the remarks about Pitt were not, and those came after his OV. I get the idea he was much more positive after the Rhody visit than the Pitt visit. Yeah, I think he would like to go to Duke or Kentucky, start his freshman year, lead them in scoring and win a national championship. That's not going to happen. But he can come here and play a big roll from the start, help us to win big again and develop into an NBA prospect. Kid is really good now and just scratching the surface of his potential. We were the first to offer him, BEFORE he blew on the AAU circuits this summer. We believed in him from the start. That may pay dividends when the dust clears.
His comment on us: VCU: “They’re close, they’re close to home, they love players that play exactly like me, bigs that are versatile. They know how to work bigs with wide skill sets. Their coaching staff is easy to talk to and understand where I’m coming from and where I want to be. VCU was my first offer.” He needs to hang with Sean and Mike when he's here, bigs with wide skill sets.

Last edited:

Rams4Life

Elite Member
Insider
I really hope our staff can land this kid. Etienne is a freak athlete with hops like Rob B/Briante/Johnny and he can shoot the deep ball. He’s already got a college ready body and finishes well around the rim. He will be really tough to stop off the dribble once he gets to college and adds strength. If our staff could pull off Walker and Etienne that would be a home run for their first full recruiting cycle, IMO. Not getting my hopes up but we’re still very much in it with both kids.

Etienne just picked up another cb pick, this one for Wichita State. As we all know, this likely means little to nothing, but figured it was worth at least noting.