League 2019 A-10 Tournament

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
Got this in my morning email:

cad2ec0b-7f6e-4273-aa41-63371eecf9c9.jpg
Going to A-10? RSVP for the reception.

The VCU Rams are in Brooklyn, New York, March 13-17 for the 2019 A-10 Men’s Basketball Championship. If you’re making the trip to the tournament, join the VCU Office of Alumni Relations, the VCU Alumni NYC Chapter and the VCU Alumni Richmond Chapter for a reception at the Barclays Center’s 40/40 Club before the game as we prepare to cheer on our team.

When: Two hours before the first VCU men’s basketball game. You will receive an email with the exact time after tournament seeds are set. Please note, you must have a game ticket for the session to attend the reception.
Where:
Barclays Center, 40/40 Club, 620 Atlantic Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11217
Cost: $20, includes two hours of open bar and hors d’oeuvres
Register: Purchase tickets to the game and reception (or just the reception if you already have a session ticket) online.

Join us at the official A-10 pregame location, KBH, for future games. Located just three blocks from the Barclays Center, KBH is the place to meet your fellow Ram fans for food and spirits.

Connect with VCU Alumni on Facebook or check the VCU Alumni website and VCU Athletics website for more tournament details. The Office of Alumni Relations also is planning exclusive events in New York as part of the ELEVATE Tour. Stay tuned for more information.

914f704c-d2e4-44fd-9607-604cc2b4ba37.jpg
Questions? Email Lauren Leavy, senior coordinator of alumni engagement events.

P.S. Show up to the A-10 Tournament in style! The VCU-branded luggage set is on sale. Get your set today!
Santa brought me the backpack last year & this morning in the Philadelphia Amtrak station a VCU graduate just struck up a conversation with me because of it.

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
Wow, that is a good price! Do you agree that they're sturdy and well made?
I just sent the link to Mrs. B. My oldest daughter is a H.S. senior, and we're putting the pressure on for her to continue the family legacy and go to VCU next year!
Yes, the backpack is very well made. I don’t have the suitcases. Also it’s a local (757) family business from what I’ve heard. Important to support small business! Mr SR & I opened a business last year & we so appreciate local support!

Reactions: SZQ VCU and Beirne
May 19, 2015
It’s a pet cremation service. When Mr SR retired after 40 years in the funeral business he was able to bring that same professional caring service to pet families. Take a look: www.caringpetva.com

I just got a chance to got to your website. What a great pic! What a wonderful service you provide to folks that have lost pets. Though I have never had children, when I lost my dog of 16 years, it was like losing my child. You have two gorgeous pets, which I am sure you consider as part of your family too!

Reactions: SpiderRAM

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
I just got a chance to got to your website. What a great pic! What a wonderful service you provide to folks that have lost pets. Though I have never had children, when I lost my dog of 16 years, it was like losing my child. You have two gorgeous pets, which I am sure you consider as part of your family too!
Thank you friend!
Yes indeed, pets are family members too.

isthisthedagger

Top Member
Oct 29, 2014
Just got this email from Fordham. They are offering $125 all-session booklets through 2/24. Great deal for people who want to go other games besides VCU.

82D60197-0E1C-470D-9920-BA26971D3CF0.jpeg

Reactions: RamCrazy

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
FYI, for price comparison for everyone, I've been leaning towards just buying my tickets as we go through the tournament since I'm unlikely to go to sessions when VCU isn't playing. Thursday sessions open seating are $39, Friday sessions are $49, the Saturday session is $65, and the Sunday session is $65. So, assuming we play Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and you only attend VCU sessions, your cost (before fees) is $179.

Reactions: RamCrazy

beachmom

Top Member
Aug 12, 2016
Any Ram fans staying at the Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown? I want to be in walking distance, which it is, but don't want to be surrounded by only other teams' fans.