2019 A10 Season Awards

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I understand that you can only choose 5 players for the DEFENSIVE TEAM. I understand that choosing (2) from one team is tough. But how in the world did we not have (1) single player from a TOP 5 Defense in the Nation?

Screw it, let's use it for motivation this weekend. I was a little worried about the Rhody / La Salle winner, but not anymore. We're gonna sweep the A10 in Brooklyn this weekend.

Nov 10, 2012
Congrats to Rhoades, DJ and ME. I'm sure Rhoades will be using this as more motivation. I understand why Bess got DPOY ( he put up more defensive stats) but to not have anyone from this team, especially IV, not make all defensive team is a tragedy. Goes to show these season awards are all about stats. That's aright though because VCU's army is better than these teams with individuals.

Reactions: Linda Knight
Jan 17, 2010
For us and for Rhoades this is a perfect result, actually. I feel sorry for the guys, because I know they wanted and deserved the recognition, but this will only help Rhoades get there attention

What an embarrassment for the league
Absolutely agree with this. Fuel to the fire, finish first but still no respect. All year Rhoades has been rejecting the praise for himself and giving it to the players but the league doesn't follow suit. Not saying he isn't deserving (he was the obvious choice) but no way IV and MSS should have been shut out. You can make an arguement for 2/3 team or All Defensive for both of them. Happy Deriante snuck in there on the 3rd team though.

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I'm actually surprised Evans' is on 1st team...not b/c he isn't deserving (far from it). not surprised we've got no one on D; but the national recognition makes up for that.
Time to get to business...3 more games until we dance

Reactions: VCUFTW and mrgeode