2019 NCAA Dance Thread: BEAT THE KNIGHTS OF UCF IN COLUMBIA, SC

Jul 30, 2014
Same way we were. Both teams lost in the Quarterfinals of their conference tournaments. If we win even 1 game we are probably a 7 seed. If UCF wins their conference tourney they are at least an 8 seed.

Also AAC is no joke. Temple, wichita State, Cincy and Memphis were all decent teams this year.
Your forgot 3 seed Houston who they beat in Houston this year.

Reactions: duncanlamb

AnnuitCoeptis

Top Member
Feb 22, 2014
They've stopped the game every possession during this tournament to look for that stupid 'hook and hold' rule, and the one time they could have called it they didn't. The calls even out at the end of the day, but for it to be such an emphasis, they completely missed it.

Reactions: vcu70

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I just hope the few sour fans who think we lost to a "scrub" team or some 2nd rate team watched that game. One put back and UCF would everyone's Cinderella on Monday to the ugly stepmother that is Puke; so let's keep things in reality...
A foul called on the final shot before the putback attempt, at charge called on Williamson (as it clearly was), rather than fouling out Taco Fall a few moments before... I could go on and I only watched the last two minutes of the game. The Coach K effect was alive and well among that officiating crew, at least in the last two minutes. 4 or 5 calls/no calls that if they had gone UCF's way, and should have, would likely have changed the outcome. But damned they can't have Puke exiting so early. What would that do to the TV ratings.

Cyniclone

Top Member
Jan 30, 2013
A foul called on the final shot before the putback attempt, at charge called on Williamson (as it clearly was), rather than fouling out Taco Fall a few moments before... I could go on and I only watched the last two minutes of the game. The Coach K effect was alive and well among that officiating crew, at least in the last two minutes. 4 or 5 calls/no calls that if they had gone UCF's way, and should have, would likely have changed the outcome. But damned they can't have Puke exiting so early. What would that do to the TV ratings.
If they were in the tank for Duke, they would have reversed Tacko's putback because of a shot-clock violation (they were right to say that there wasn't enough to conclusively overturn, but they could have anyway were they of a mind). UCF effectively lost the game on the missed oop and resultant transition 3 by Duke, turning a 6-point lead with less than two minutes left into a 1-point lead, and lost it and a half by not blocking out on the free throw that gave Duke the lead. I was pulling for them even though they beat VCU (and I still say their claiming a football national title last year was corny af, on top of all that P6 nonsense from the AAC), because screw Duke, but their loss falls in their hands.

Too bad someone has to win the Duke-VT game.

buckwheat

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but enough with the conspiracy theories. There were missed calls both ways. Duke had three guys with four fouls, and Zion picked up two just in the last three minutes. Reddish had two called against him that were just awful calls. UCF also shot almost twice as many free throws.

UCF only has themselves to blame. Box out on a free throw and they probably win the game. They also had two great looks at the end and didn’t get it done.

Either way, I was very impressed with Dawkins and UCF. That’s a fantastic team. I was pulling for them.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but enough with the conspiracy theories. There were missed calls both ways. Duke had three guys with four fouls, and Zion picked up two just in the last three minutes. Reddish had two called against him that were just awful calls. UCF also shot almost twice as many free throws.

UCF only has themselves to blame. Box out on a free throw and they probably win the game. They also had two great looks at the end and didn’t get it done.

Either way, I was very impressed with Dawkins and UCF. That’s a fantastic team. I was pulling for them.
Exactly right. Is anyone on here complaining about some calls UCF got yesterday? They called a foul on a Duke player who clearly got all ball when he blocked the UCF player's attempt from 3. The UCF player made all 3 FTs, giving them 3 points they shouldn't have had. That's basketball. UCF had plenty of chances to win the game, but they didn't make plays when they had a chance at the end (the oop to Dawkins when they were up four late). Some of it was bad luck (the last two shots rolling around on the rim and falling out.

No game is ever perfectly officiated. Teams get calls they shouldn't or are called for things they shouldn't be called for in a game. Enough conspiracy theories regarding Duke and the officials.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
:P
Exactly right. Is anyone on here complaining about some calls UCF got yesterday? They called a foul on a Duke player who clearly got all ball when he blocked the UCF player's attempt from 3. The UCF player made all 3 FTs, giving them 3 points they shouldn't have had. That's basketball. UCF had plenty of chances to win the game, but they didn't make plays when they had a chance at the end (the oop to Dawkins when they were up four late). Some of it was bad luck (the last two shots rolling around on the rim and falling out.

No game is ever perfectly officiated. Teams get calls they shouldn't or are called for things they shouldn't be called for in a game. Enough conspiracy theories regarding Duke and the officials.
I could not help but notice that Tori Burston's twitter is "The HBK".

Are you he?

Reactions: 92VCUpikapp