2019 NCAA Dance Thread: BEAT THE KNIGHTS OF UCF IN COLUMBIA, SC

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
If they were in the tank for Duke, they would have reversed Tacko's putback because of a shot-clock violation (they were right to say that there wasn't enough to conclusively overturn, but they could have anyway were they of a mind). UCF effectively lost the game on the missed oop and resultant transition 3 by Duke, turning a 6-point lead with less than two minutes left into a 1-point lead, and lost it and a half by not blocking out on the free throw that gave Duke the lead. I was pulling for them even though they beat VCU (and I still say their claiming a football national title last year was corny af, on top of all that P6 nonsense from the AAC), because screw Duke, but their loss falls in their hands.

Too bad someone has to win the Duke-VT game.
That "not blocking out on the free throw" was one of those no calls the game turned on. No question when I saw it the first time and then on the replay it was a push off. Oh, and this was immediately after Taco Fall fouled out on a bad call. Does Duke get that rebound if Taco is still in the game?

Cyniclone

Top Member
Jan 30, 2013
Duke has lost plenty of times in the first and second rounds. Providence, VCU, Mercer, WVU, Lehigh, South Carolina, etc. There’s no conspiracy. As much as we all hate them, that’s just a good program.
Plus CBS would make Tacko Fall an overnight sensation after he rejects Zion Williamson on the way to the biggest upset in college hoops this season.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I don't believe in basketball conspiracies. I don't believe Zion charged. I do believe BJ needs to take a few more classes in the "embellishment of contact" offered by Professor Vince Williams if he is going to try to get that call. I do enjoy humor as much as the next person and this is one of the funniest things I have seen related to the no calls

My previous favorite and still in my top 5 is still this one

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Duke has lost plenty of times in the first and second rounds. Providence, VCU, Mercer, WVU, Lehigh, South Carolina, etc. There’s no conspiracy. As much as we all hate them, that’s just a good program.
This year is a bit different. What is the biggest story in college basketball this year? Zion! That said, my problem with Duke is more that Coach K, who is a great coach, gets A LOT OF RESPECT from officials. It's natural, he is after all a great coach, some say (not me) the best ever. They believe his players can do things within the rules players from other teams can't do. It takes a lot of gonads to make a call at a critical time of the game against Duke. When officials tend to swallow whistles at critical times in games anyway, it is just amplified with Duke. Imagine someone would have "grazed" Manor's arm when shooting the dagger making him just miss, do you think there is any chance it would have been called. In fact Duke could have fouled him pretty hard and gotten away with it. If we had done the same against Duke, there is a lot better chance the call is made. I know it, you know it, anyone who doesn't see it is blind.

Feb 14, 2011
This year is a bit different. What is the biggest story in college basketball this year? Zion! That said, my problem with Duke is more that Coach K, who is a great coach, gets A LOT OF RESPECT from officials. It's natural, he is after all a great coach, some say (not me) the best ever. They believe his players can do things within the rules players from other teams can't do. It takes a lot of gonads to make a call at a critical time of the game against Duke. When officials tend to swallow whistles at critical times in games anyway, it is just amplified with Duke. Imagine someone would have "grazed" Manor's arm when shooting the dagger making him just miss, do you think there is any chance it would have been called. In fact Duke could have fouled him pretty hard and gotten away with it. If we had done the same against Duke, there is a lot better chance the call is made. I know it, you know it, anyone who doesn't see it is blind.
If the officials make the charge call and UCF upsets Duke, who would the media get to talk about for the next few weeks? Sorry but I believe the UCF upset/Tacko wouldn't have gotten the same "press" that Zion is/will receive. UCF lost that game more than duke won it. I personally like the no-call but at the same time I understand the NCAAT is a billion dollar business.